PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Notes not playing - 01/01/18 11:18 PM
I have BIAB 2016. I am working with a hybrid style that is midi with real drums. The bass won't sound even though notation shows the note and piano roll shows velocity and volume. Anyone ever had this? If so,what did you do about it?

Thanks. 2b
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Notes not playing - 01/01/18 11:34 PM
So presumably the Bass is MIDI.

What are your settings for MIDI? Do you use an internal VSTi synth (e.g. Forte DXi) or an external module?
Options > MIDI/Audio Drivers >

Are you using WAS or MME?

If WAS, what is the Audio Driver set to? Is the Use Default Device option ticked?

Is it only the Bass that doesn't play of are there other MIDI instruments that don't play also?

Can you change to use MME and see if that makes a difference?

Attached picture 2018-01-02_13-30-36.jpg
Attached picture 2018-01-02_13-31-32.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Notes not playing - 01/01/18 11:50 PM
With BIAB 2016, you don’t have to worry about WAS audio drivers as a choice. You may have ASIO, however. As suggested, if using ASIO, try MME.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Notes not playing - 01/01/18 11:57 PM
You don't mention if it's all bass notes or just some.

If it is just some of the notes, it would be due to the the notes being too low or too high and outside the range defined for the bass.

To test this, change the pitch of the notes by dragging them up a fifth (say), regenerate and see if they play then.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Notes not playing - 01/02/18 12:05 AM
Ahhh, yes, quite correct. Thanks Matt.

No WAS in 2016 so ignore that part.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Notes not playing - 01/05/18 09:49 PM
Hey, Noel. I tried moving the bass notes up an octave and it didn't work.

The problem was intermittent. I let it sit for a few days and now it is working. So I will move on until the next time.

Thanks to all for the help.
© PG Music Forums