PG Music Home
Hello ! I am practicing on BIAB 2017 which I have just received and I discover that I am not able to enter chords symbols like in my former version (BIAB 2014) : the computer keyboard is not working like usual when I need to enter for exemple a Db7(#9). The D works but not the upper range of the keyboard with the numbers and # on the 3 key. The b appears only when I pass to the next cell. And no more D Alt. But the numeral keyboard is working. And what is strange is that everything works fine when I open my previous 2014 version.
Precision : I am in europe with an azerty keyboard and it never caused me that kind of problem since I used BIAB (from many years).
I someone has an idea I would be grateful !
Happy new year anyway.
I understand your question but have no knowledge of keyboards outside the USA. PG Music Support should know, or maybe try asking in the French user forum here.

One thing though: you said D alt is not supported. I don't think that ever worked; it has to be D7alt.
Originally Posted By: didier
Hello ! I am practicing on BIAB 2017 which I have just received

Didier,
Je vais répondre en anglais mais tu peux aussi fréquenter le forum français.

You probably mean BIAB2018 rather BIAB 2017.
Anyway, with the azerty keyboard, I confirm your issue.
We are unable to use the # char, nor the ( or the ) chars's, only the b is accepted.
So we can't insert manually a F# or a Db7(b9) chord.

I forward your issue to the developpers.
Yes you are right I mean D7 Alt.
Ok thank you for your answer John-Luke. Yes I meant BIAB 2018. It's incredible ! I would never imagine PG Music could do such a mistake. I used the soft for so many years without a single problem...Hope they will fix it quickly because I shall have to create next new songs on BIAB 2014.
Je vais faire tout de suite un tour sur le forum français.
Merci et à bientôt !
Thanks, this will be fixed in the next update. Until it is fixed, a work-around is to use the 3 key on your number-pad to get the # symbol.
..... in fact, everything works fine by putting the AZERTY keyboard in uppercase position. (for info: it works also in lowercase position at the exception of the # character which was not recognized).

Daniel (french translator)
Suggest for UI improvement:

Why don't PG add a popup screen when user right click the mouse to show the chords. User can select the chord from the popup screen ?
(edited, correct typo)
Originally Posted By: VinhSon
Suggest for UI improvement:

Why don't PG add a popup screen when user right click the mouse to show the accords. User can select the accord from the popup screen ?

+1,000!
I thought that's what the Chord Builder already screen does. It lets you create the chord you want, then click on "Enter Chord" and it puts it in the cell at the specified bar and beat. You can also listen to the chord to hear what it sounds like before entering it.

Click on the cell you want to enter chords for, then click on the "Chord Builder" button in the toolbar to access it.
Thanks, Jford

I'll try the chord builder tonight.

Why don't just select the cell, then right mouse click to call/access the Chord Builder ?
Originally Posted By: VinhSon
Why don't just select the cell, then right mouse click to call/access the Chord Builder ?

That's exactly how the Chord Builder is accessed.
You can also choose keyboard shortcut <Ctrl> <Shift> B
© PG Music Forums