PG Music Home
Posted By: Fiddler110 BIAB doesn't play what I'm telling it to! - 01/05/18 08:31 PM
I put a song in BIAB 2015. I put in a melody and chords. Now, I have changed a few notes in the melody but BIAB still plays the old notes. I have clicked on PLAY to regenerate the song but it still plays the original melody. I shut down BIAB and re-opened it. Same problem. Any ideas?
Now, I changed the style and even changed the lead instrument. It not only plays the original melody, it plays with the original instrument!
This could happen if you froze the tracks.
Also check to be sure it is not playing a rendered audio file on the audio track.
Well, I just un-froze all tracks. Still messed up.
Got it! I had created a WAV file to share the song with someone who doesn't have BIAB. Turns out that file was added to the mix. When I muted that Audio track I could hear the new melody.

Thanks, all.

Rick Barlow
Sonora
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB doesn't play what I'm telling it to! - 01/05/18 09:14 PM
Rick,

If you want to get rid of the audio, under the Audio menu, there's an option to 'Kill' the file.

Regards,
Noel

Very good. Also remember that this behavior is a feature that can be useful. If you have an audio file and a BIAB song in the same folder with the same name, they will both play. If the levels of the audio are only a little higher, it would fool you as it did.
© PG Music Forums