PG Music Home
This problem is very similar to the one I had previously with trying to save Band-in-a-Box files that had a tempo change:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=449135#Post449135

Now I find that using the new method recommended by Kent, I cannot make a .wma file that has the Embellishment included. The embellishment was not permanent but it was set to 'Embellish the Melody during playback'.

Actually, I only use the vibrato part of the embellisher but that is pretty important for jazz brass and reed instruments.

So, my question this time is, How does one create sound files (eg .wma, MP3 or other) that apply the Embellishment factors you have set.

Maybe it is as simple as making the Embellishment permanent before you convert to a sound file. But I would like to know before I change all my applicable sound files. Embellishment factors are different for different instruments as you probably appreciate.
Originally Posted By: Graham Martin
Maybe it is as simple as making the Embellishment permanent before you convert to a sound file. But I would like to know before I change all my applicable sound files. Embellishment factors are different for different instruments as you probably appreciate.

Graham,

I suspect that you do need to click on "Make Embellishment Permanent". Try it and find out.

Keep in mind, even though you have made it permanent, it won't be permanently written to the song file until you save the file.

Since SGU/MGU files take up so little room, whenever I see something like the 'make it permanent' option, I always save a second file with the changes. This allows me to get back to the original should anything happen that I don't like.

Regards,
Noel

Thank you Noel! Yes that worked.

The reason I did not try it before was because I did not know that, as you said, "even though you have made it permanent, it won't be permanently written to the song file until you save the file". I really did not want to change my basic files, of which I have thousands.
© PG Music Forums