PG Music Home
Hi,

Is it possible to store a guitar track or piano track from a style and later put it into a solist track for all my songs as appropriate so I can choose to mute it or use it later on. These tracks would be use to replace the cowbell loop I am currently using in the soloist track. I wanted to feed the cowbell to the drummer in the right channel of my mixing board but the BIAB pan slider does not completely isolate it to the right channel such that you can still hear it in the left channel. For this reason I am looking for these guitar or piano parts that always play on beat #1 or on every beat so that the drummer and other players can use it as a great sounding metronome which also provides the chords/harmony too. It is to be used when we have a live drummer and we want to keep at exactly the same speed during the performance (basically always).

Thanks,
John
John,

If the tracks you are meaning are Realtracks, just make a note of the Realtrack number and then manually load them onto the Soloist track as needed. Realtracks do not need to be attached to a style to be able to be used on any track.

On the other hand, if the tracks you are meaning are midi tracks, these can be moved from style to style by creating a hybrid style but they cannot be transferred to the Soloist track. If you create a performance wav (or mp3 or wma) from the midi track, this could be associated with the Soloist track.

Regards,
Noel

Hi Noel, Thanks for pointing this out. I got it to work. Maybe there is an easier way. I did it this way.

1/
I assumed the track number is the number that shows just after the "freeze track asterisk". Assuming this is correct one of the good ones I have found so far is track 1903.

2/
I then clicked on the solist track description and chose "Select Real Tracks". I went to the bottom of that popup and entered the number 1903 in the Filter By box then clicked update. It actually brought up three. So I looked at the columns and expanded the one that had "#" at the top. It showed the number 1903 so I chose that one.

3/
I then regenerated the song since the cowbell was still sounding. I then was able to confirm this is the correct track. It also has the same comment.

I also think I have figured out how to find these tracks again. I just have to hit the FAV button on the screen and it shows me the ones I have selected. However I might maintain my own list.

© PG Music Forums