PG Music Home
folks, this is totally inacceptable.
any other C/R system known to man lets you manage offline activations online from any www device, in real time.
or even better, go eLicenser or iLok and be done with it.
Rhino
Call PG Music Support. Or in this case, Sales might be better since Support was extremely busy after the holiday sales.
And be sure to check your spam folder in case your email system thought it was spam.

You do get 30 days before it locks up on you.

Did you get the USB drive? If so, I believe your license code is found on a sticker on the drive. I'm not sure what happens with the DVD versions or memory stick versions, however.
Rhino, I had an issue with the Serial # on my 2018 HD, Andrew got right back to me, I’m sure they are just swamped .....they will take care of you for sure...

Edward
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Call PG Music Support.

thanks, not an option from overseas.
after 2 days I sent another mail, no reaction.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Support was extremely busy after the holiday sales.
that's why everybody and their dog uses an automated system.
Rhino
Originally Posted By: jford
And be sure to check your spam folder in case your email system thought it was spam.

You do get 30 days before it locks up on you.

Did you get the USB drive? If so, I believe your license code is found on a sticker on the drive. I'm not sure what happens with the DVD versions or memory stick versions, however.

thanks, nothing in the spam, I checked twice a day, and PG is on the whitelist anyway from previous conversations.

it's a DL version.
could not activate earlier as I was fighting a fried board & CPU over the holidays. Now the smoke has cleared and I'm out of extra €650 (not PG's fault of course), I'd like to use my software.

thanks to everybody for your suggestions,
Rhino
solved - or so I thought.
Andrew just sent me the activations.
they don't work.
Rhino
OK, now we're talking.
thanks, Andrew !
Rhino
Out of curiosity, Rhino, were those 4 working days or was the weekend included? (PG Music's business hours show that Support doesn't work over the weekend. Maybe that also impacted on the delay.)
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Out of curiosity, Rhino, were those 4 working days or was the weekend included? (PG Music's business hours show that Support doesn't work over the weekend. Maybe that also impacted on the delay.)

4 days starting from Saturday noon GMT.
nobody expects people to work on weekends, but a quick email check on Monday morning is not asking too much, I guess ...
it's Wednesday evening now, and it's finally working.

high time for a modern customer friendly CP scheme imho, ideally dongle, or at least automated 24/7 offline CR generation like everybody else.
Downtime is the worst case scenario for a user.

ymmv,
Rhino
In case someone else finds this later, can't you click My Account on the main website (where the purchase was made, not here in the forums), then look for your serial number?
Or does it not get inserted until you register it?

Sorry if it is a dumb question.
I see the last few years serial numbers and a couple associated internet order numbers when I click My Products.
/Then again, I may not see the 'normal' flow.

Attached picture MyProducts.jpg
Originally Posted By: rharv
In case someone else finds this later, can't you click My Account on the main website (where the purchase was made, not here in the forums), then look for your serial number?

I see the last few years serial numbers and a couple associated internet order numbers when I click My Products.

The serial number is available on the download page from the beginning. The same serial number shipped with the update DVDs.
Originally Posted By: rharv

not a dumb question, but it's not about the serial per se.
I got my serial # with the confirmation mail and backed it up.

however, the program(s) require activation to run, basically you send PG your serial plus some kind of machine ID, and you get back activation codes for your specific machine, which unlock the program(s).
It's called CR, challenge / response, and is usually handled realtime and automated in your account with other software, 24/7.
PG's email system is inferior, as the activation codes are generated manually, which apparently is not error free and often results in several days of downtime for the user, it has not been the first time for me.

cheers,
Rhino
Hi Rhino

I can understand your frustrations but that's why P.G. music gives you 30 days before lock down

I had a small problem with this but a complete shut down and reboot solved the problem

But before this I contacted P.G Music and within 12 hours received a reply giving me the activation code again

Because I bought the product direct from them there was no need to activate as that had been done automatically upon purchase - and notified on the instructions - which I did not read initially

This could be made more clearer - but a first class response

jazzman
Is this a machine you keep off the internet, because when I enter my serial number, it activates automatically across the internet.
thanks guys, but like I wrote, it's solved now.

yes, the DAW doesn't even have a physical www connection (and won't ever get one), the other machine is behind a strict firewall.
ain't nothing out there worth opening up that can of worms for more than browser and mail client. sick
the plan for 2018 is to switch to live Linux for the web anyway ...

Rhino
© PG Music Forums