PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul styles not found - 01/12/18 03:25 PM
hwello

win 10 bb2018

whilst going through the styles in the style picker window i get a message saying "not found" most of the styles are there and play ok but there are a few where i get the message not found. i then click the folder icon to download the file or show the file in folder, it then takes me to the file and it is there as wma demo and style file and stx file so i do have the styles but i still get message and it wont load and play.

i f i use the filter tab to only show styles not found these same files that say not found are not in this list so i assume these files are indeed available i just cant play them.
any advice please
Posted By: Noel96 Re: styles not found - 01/12/18 03:54 PM
Have you tried running a complete rebuild of your styles?

Also, do you have build 508 installed? (Have a look under "Help | About Band In A Box" and it will show the build in parenthises.)
Posted By: paulpaul Re: styles not found - 01/12/18 04:06 PM
noel
i was just about to edit my post kinda knowing that would be the first thing someone asked hah

yes ,several times and yes to 508 build.
as usual thanks for your time and reply.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: styles not found - 01/12/18 04:28 PM
Paul,

Could you please give me the name of a couple of the styles? (Maybe even post a screen capture image of what stylepicker is showing.) That would help with my investigation.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: paulpaul Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 03:53 AM
noel
screen shot of stylepicker page showing style not found.
so far the files which are not found are from the misc set
acidjaz
airfunk
amenpunk
amenrock
beatnik
there quite a few more not found in the misc set.
at the moment im just going through all the styles to see which ones are not found all the other sets seem ok but i havent checked them all yet.

Attached picture not found 1.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 04:27 AM
Paul,

I've never seen that pink headed message before.

I notice that the style is labelled 2015/11 which suggests that it came with the new release of BIAB 2016.

Did you load in bonus paks, etc., from 2016 after installing 2018? If so, it's more than likely that files from those additional installations are in the wrong directories (since 2018 did a directory reorganise).

To double-check this...

1. close BIAB

2. go \bb\data

3. right-click on BB_Cleanup.exe and select 'run as administrator'

This will make sure that files that are not in their correct directories from additional installations are relocated.

Does this helps?

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: paulpaul Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 07:14 AM
noel
i followed your instructions and i still get the message.

screenshot of what i get when i click on the folder icon to download or show in folder, so im thinking they are in the correct folder.

thanks for your valuable time.

Attached picture not found 2.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 09:52 AM
Paul,

It's difficult to read the writing on the image because of the reduced resolution. From what I can tell, it looks like the demos are in the correct folder.

Also, the _ACIDJAZ style loads the same instruments in the mixer that mine does. To my way of thinking, this indicates that the style is present.

It seems that something strange is going on. I'll report this thread to the development team so that they can have a read about it.

What button/icon do you click on that brings up the pink error message?

If it's the 'load song demo' button, check in the "bb\Demos\Realtracks - Demos" and see that you have the demo song file "_ACIDJAZ Demo - Acid Jazz with Loops.SGU".

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 04:05 PM
We have determined what the problem is and it will be fixed in the next patch, which should be in a couple of days. Thank you for all the information.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 05:02 PM
Thanks, Andrew.

I couldn't work out why I was unable to solve the problem!

It's good to know that a fix is on the way.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 11:35 PM
noel/andrew

"What button/icon do you click on that brings up the pink error message?"

i click on the load load song demo tab to get the "not found"pink error message.

"If it's the 'load song demo' button, check in the "bb\Demos\Realtracks - Demos" and see that you have the demo song file "_ACIDJAZ Demo - Acid Jazz with Loops.SGU"."

i couldnt find the sgu file demos but i can find the wma demos, i dont really understand the difference between the two files.

if i click on the play premade demo option of one of the not found demos,it does actually play the wma file demo but wont load .

if i have the wma file does that mean i should also have the sgu file?

thanksagain for help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: styles not found - 01/13/18 11:51 PM
Paul,

When you click on "load demo", Stylepicker loads the demo songfile (the SGU file) into BIAB so that when you exit Stylepicker, the songfile and all its chords will be in BIAB. From there you can modify the file to suit, generate it and play the song.

To 'load' the wma recording of BIAB playing the SGU file, you press the green 'Play' arrow button.

Note: When you save a songfile that you create, it will have either an .SGU or an .MGU ending. The demo songfile is exactly like this.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: paulpaul Re: styles not found - 01/14/18 07:02 AM
noel

i dont have the sgu files for the stlyes not found,i searched my whole computer.
if i click load song demo option i get the pink "not found" message,if click on "play using current chords of song"option, it plays the style with whatever chords are already in the main biab song

if i click the "quick play premade demo option(green play button)the demo plays with its own chords but it just wont let me load the song,it will let me load the style into existing song.

hopefully the new fix/build thing will sort it.

thanks again.
© PG Music Forums