PG Music Home
Posted By: DLieser Amplitube presets - 01/18/18 01:28 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the BIAB 2018 Amplitube presets. I am using BIAB 2018 build 509 Ultrapak. When loading an 'Amplitube style" I get an error which indicates that BIAB is looking in 'C:\bb\DX Settings' for the preset file. The presets as ".tgs" files are placed by default by the BIAB installation in the 'C:\bb\DX Settings\Amplitube' folder. I found reference to this same issue in BIAB 2017 messages on these forums and apparently this has not been corrected in BIAB 2018 - it still looks in the wrong folder for these presets.

I copied all of the ".tgs" files into the 'C:\bb\DX Settings' folder as a workaround and now these presets are found if I "Load group" in the FX dialog (although this makes a mess of the 'C:\bb\DX Settings' folder with the Hi-Q instruments ".tgs" files also located there).

Previous versions of BIAB installed ".at3p" native Amplitube presets in the 'C:\user\{username}\Documents\IK Multimedia\Amplitube 3\Presets' folder which allowed selecting various presets within the Amplitube VST to audition sounds. A search of my C: drive finds no ".at3p" files at all - presumably these are no longer included with the BIAB installation.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case in the BIAB 2018 installation or is there something I didn't do correctly when installing the update. The BIAB 2018 manual has very limited information on the DI instruments and Amplitube feature. The new Amplitube presets are touted in the BIAB 2018 "New Features" advertising but seems it would not work at all in a default installation of the software.

Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Amplitube presets - 01/18/18 01:48 PM
Hi Dan,

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure someone can try and duplicate what you've stated but it will be a lot easier if everyone is using the same style. Will you please give the the name of an example style?
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Amplitube presets - 01/18/18 03:52 PM
I'm sure you do not want you want to hear this but no issues here

when I load the demo song for a style like _MDDYAMP.sty , and I tried a few others at random,
I can go to guitar 3 open the plugins pulldown and click on "load Group" it points to the the

"drive:\bb\DX Settings" in my case that's D:\Music\bb\DX settings" (non-standard install, even 100% of my IK stuff is all installed on my D drive)

I will admit I if I want to load a DIFFERENT Amplitube BIAB preset I MUST manually scroll the list in "...\DX settings" until it finds the "\Amplitube" FOLDER (manual search first time only for that BIAB session)

All the BIAB presets for AT3 are there. However, there are no IK factory or OTHER IK developed or user Amplitube presets there for that I have to load them from within the AMPLITUBE VSTi itself

Good Luck
Larry

PS to my annoyance BIAB 2018 DID install AT3P's on my C drive. I have since MOVED them to my D drive, I was sure I told BIAB to NOT INSTALL these! Glad you brought it up or I would have missed these on my C drive (LOL).

While I have relatively large boot drives, 2TB's, I still have to watch the space because of other software that eats up that space. That's why, at least for my desktop PC it still does not have SDD's. 2TB SDD's are not cheap (and they are relatively NEW to market) and I'd need three of them so these little "tiny" in significant files HURT.

Posted By: DLieser Re: Amplitube presets - 01/18/18 04:46 PM
Thanks Jim and Larry for your input,

Using the example from Larry's post, let's say I select the _MDDYAMP style which has the Amplitube VST on Guitar 3 using a preset called "Falling Balloon". In my default installation if I selected this style in the Stylepicker and clicked OK, BIAB would throw a yellow box up indicating it could not find the preset in folder "C:\bb\dx settings". BIAB 2018 installer installed the ".tgs" group settings presets in a subfolder of "C:\bb\dx settings" named "Amplitube". If I copy all of the presets in this Amplitube folder up to the parent folder "C:\bb\dx settings" where BIAB is looking, it finds the presets and doesn't produce the error message - but that is a workaround, not how it is supposed to work.

The other issue I have is that BIAB installation did not load ".at3p" preset files as it has in past versions. These are native Amplitube presets for all of the BIAB presets. This allows access to the BIAB presets if I run Amplitube in standalone mode as opposed to running it as a VST plugin within BIAB. Larry indicates that he has "at3p" files which tells me I may not have installed everything correctly. I have found the ".at3p" preset files on a backup from a previous BIAB version and copied them to the correct folder, but it doesn't include the new presets included in BIAB 2018. Are the ".at3p" preset files for the new BIAB 2018 presets included in the 2018 installation?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Amplitube presets - 01/18/18 06:25 PM
Are you SURE when you installed BIAB that you selected to install the presets? It's a check box item during install. just an FYI if you have the USB external HDD the standalone amplitube installer is

drive:\PGMusic\Installers\ikmultimedia_amplitube_3.11.2.exe

but it won't install the BIAB presets (I don't think) that is part of the BIAB_realband installer

you can always re-run the installer (AS ADMIN) then the latest updates - unless you made unusual changes to configs, and folders etc. that should not hurt anything. and make sure you check the "install BIAB Amplitube presets" (or whatever its called)

good luck

Larry
Posted By: DLieser Re: Amplitube presets - 01/18/18 06:45 PM
Larry,

Yes, in fact I checked the installation files and the new Amplitube presets are installed as part of the BIAB 2018 Free Bonus PAK (2018_0pak.exe). I reinstalled just the "Amplitube presets and styles" from this installation file and still no ".at3p" presets are installed.

Maybe someone from PG music can shed some light on this, or I'll contact support.

Thanks for your efforts/suggestions,

Dan
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Amplitube presets - 01/19/18 11:53 PM
Dan,

I've sent you a private message, Please click on the flashing mail envelope beside the My Stuff header at the top of each web page.
© PG Music Forums