PG Music Home
Posted By: tonnie problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/20/18 11:35 AM
I use BB 2018 build 218 from its original hard drive on a WIN 10 laptop, but have problems to save songs as PDFs, so I can print it (from another laptop) and send it to friends.

Under the Print Options, Print to PDF I am advised to install PDF995, which supposedly can be found under;
C:\bb\bbhelper\PDF995Installer\autosetup.exex

However, I cannot find this file nether on C, nor G (which is the hard drive with B B).

Any suggestions?

Brgds,
Tonnie
Posted By: Noel96 Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/20/18 03:18 PM
Hi Tonnie,

After PDF995 is installed, it will create a 'printer' in your list of printers called something 'pdf995'. When you want to print to pdf, you simply select this as your printer and then treat it exactly the same as if it were printer hardware. The document will be saved to a pdf file.

It can be downloaded from the below link and then installed manually.

http://www.pdf995.com/

I personally prefer the free, home version of Bullzip pdf as my pdf printer.

http://www.bullzip.com/

Like PDF995, Bullzip installs a printer driver. When I want to print to pdf, I simply select Bullzip as my 'printer' (just like I select a hardware printer) and then print and save it to file.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: tonnie Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/21/18 06:05 AM
Noel,

Thanks!

Tonnie
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/23/18 04:38 PM
Fox It i used for a while, free version, works OK ... F
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/23/18 05:18 PM
There are a ton of these available that create PDF output and are listed as one of your printers in Windows. I use Cute PDF. BIAB comes with PDF995 and you can choose that, or one of the others. Whichever you choose must be installed, and then it is listed as a choice of printer.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/23/18 10:12 PM
Hi Tonnie,

I'd try to look for that file again, it really should be on the hard drive we sent you (I've never seen it not be there). It'll be called "autosetup.exe", but might only show up as "autosetup". Right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator will install it.

What exactly couldn't you find? The BB folder, BBHelper, or PDF995Installer? Or did you find the PDF995Installer folder but not Autosetup?

If you download PDF995 from their website instead of from the installer we provide, it'll show you ads every time you try to use it, and any other PDF driver won't work with the "Print to PDF" button.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Noel96 Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/23/18 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Tonnie,

I'd try to look for that file again, it really should be on the hard drive we sent you (I've never seen it not be there). It'll be called "autosetup.exe", but might only show up as "autosetup". Right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator will install it.

What exactly couldn't you find? The BB folder, BBHelper, or PDF995Installer? Or did you find the PDF995Installer folder but not Autosetup?

If you download PDF995 from their website instead of from the installer we provide, it'll show you ads every time you try to use it, and any other PDF driver won't work with the "Print to PDF" button.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Thanks for the information, Kent. That's all useful to know.
Posted By: Graham Martin Re: problems to save songs as PDFs - 01/24/18 03:10 AM
For creating PDFs of Lead Sheets from Band-in-a-Box using Windows 10, I would recommend the new 'Microsoft Print to PDF'. I always used PDF995 previously, but since Windows 10 and B-i-a-B 2018 I find the new Microsoft one is much better.
© PG Music Forums