PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 Chainer, energyXY14, or IL-minihost ... - 01/21/18 05:34 AM
Was wondering which VST expander works best with BIAB; Chainer, energyXY14, or IL minihost. Only Minihost seems to be free (shareware). Chainer is pretty expensive at $99. - F
I think IL minihost is awesome, and since it is also a 64 bit, it can be used with Jbridge and by that can load a lot more of the libraries, depends of RAM only... Also more easy to chain the VST i together...
Just tried it, and seems to work, but it had a graphics GUI issue with kontakt and a certain plugin i wanted to use. Haven't figured it out yet why .. Downloaded a Chainer demo, but have to find out how to import plugins, and which version to use, FX or Instrument .dll. -F
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
... Downloaded a Chainer demo, but have to find out how to import plugins, and which version to use, FX or Instrument .dll. -F
In Chainer, you have to use the stand alone version in order to scan folders for VST. When done, it should all be there, sorted as VST and VSTi, when you use it in BiaB...
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Was wondering which VST expander works best with BIAB; Chainer, energyXY14, or IL minihost. Only Minihost seems to be free (shareware). Chainer is pretty expensive at $99. - F

How about this one? http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=ATKExpander&id=2071

They have a 32 Bit version...
© PG Music Forums