PG Music Home
If i input a melody via a guitar or midi controller and then add solo instrument in BB or RB can I get it to follow the melody line I have input?

I wouldn't expect it to follow the melody exactly but even if it did some of the melody lines that would be good.

Thanks
Tony,

Band-in-a-Box and RealTracks solos follow inputs from the style and chords input on the chord sheet.
Tony, I want to understand your question fully. I’m unsure what you mean when you say “follow the melody line”.

If you are asking if BIAB will play your melody with a RealTrack instrument’s sound, then no. But are you asking if BIAB can provide harmony to a MIDI melody you input by a MIDI keyboard or a guitar that outputs MIDI, then yes, BIAB can make an attempt.
Hi
If you mean you would like to use the melody line as part of a solo.
Providing we are talking midi.
Why not just copy the melody line to the soloist track remove (edit out) any notes you don’t need and choose your solo instrument.

If you don’t want to go to the trouble of editing out the notes just use F5 BAR SETTINGS to mute any thing you don’t want to hear on certain bars in the solo track.

Mike

Matt seems to have answered my question...

Thanks Matt...I seemed to recall that the real tracks would try to follow a melody line that was recorded via midi or an input....but I guess that was only in my dreams... smile

Thanks
There is a setting on the "Soloist" window for the melody to influence the solo that is generated, but I'm pretty sure this only applies to MIDI soloists only.

I think it would be better if PGMusic identified which features were MIDI-only, RealTracks-only, or both, and then indicated that by either greying out the choice or otherwise indicating the capabilities of the feature if you choose one or the other so as to avoid this kind of confusion.
I'm still not sure what is wanted here.
Originally Posted By: Antho1965
Matt seems to have answered my question...

Thanks Matt...I seemed to recall that the real tracks would try to follow a melody line that was recorded via midi or an input....but I guess that was only in my dreams... smile

Thanks

I think Tony remembers +++ THIS +++ thread Icelander posted in the Tips & Trick forum section June, 2017.

The thread indicates BiaB uses midi data to generate midi melody. It's an excellent thread and well worth a read or re-read.
© PG Music Forums