PG Music Home
BAR STYLE PROBLEMS - LARGE control panel OF BARS

Hey all,

as I become good { thanks for helps} at changing STYLES

at certain bars I'm noticing a big problem. THE STYLES AREN'T SHOWING suddenly in the recent styles list. { in 2 areas of the program} Is this a bug? { using 2014 }.

Then the dreaded thing happened -- a style in one of my
sections suddenly was PLASTERED over the Entire song, ruining all my work, etc. ugghhh.......... Luckily I have a previous backup,

but HOW TO PROCEED FROM HERE?

--------------------------------------------

MY REQUEST : would be a LARGE PANEL - NEAR full screen size { instead of squinting into tiny panels} where one could view all styles on various bars, speed changes, etc. at a glance.

Thanks
Have you had a look at the "Memo | Bar Summary" option.

This will create a text file that lists all the changes you've made via Bar Settings.

If you don't have the same view as I do, CTRL+T will switch between standard view and full screen view.

Attached picture bar setting summary.JPG
wow Noel96 - no I hadn't lol. Looks like exactly what I needed. At least to get organized again.

thanks much!

With these kinds of reminders -- I should probably go back
to the beginners forum, eh? except I know too much = lol.

Not sure, how to avoid the plastering effect, though......
Glad to be of help!

I suggest you stay in this forum. You're definitely asking questions that are more advanced than 'Beginners'!

I believe CTRL-T had a much different effect in BIAB 2014. You either got just the chord grid, or the standard interface.

And as many have found out, it's a good idea to save often; especially before making any major changes.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Glad to be of help!

I suggest you stay in this forum. You're definitely asking questions that are more advanced than 'Beginners'!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Originally Posted By: jford
I believe CTRL-T had a much different effect in BIAB 2014. You either got just the chord grid, or the standard interface.

And as many have found out, it's a good idea to save often; especially before making any major changes.

yes, thanks, is AUTO-SAVE a suggestion here? Some apps have it.

thanks!
CTRL+S will save the song.

With major changes, though, it's always better to use 'Save as' and save with a new name. Then, if the changes don't work out, it becomes very easy to get back to the original file.

By the time I've finished composing/arranging a song, I'll have around 20 song files; each at a different stage of development. Since BIAB files are very small, they take up very little disk space.

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums