PG Music Home
20 year old singer-songwriter Fintan O'Brien, from Victoria, BC (yes, that's PG Headquarters!) joins our RealTracks Artists this year with his contributions in RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar.

Learn more about Fintan when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Other RealTracks Artists included in this Set are Quinn Bachand and Colin Linden... that means that all the RealTracks you'll hear in Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar are contributed by CANADIAN MUSICIANS!
Nice and Sweet, but alas for me unusable in a serious mix due loud fretnoise, nail or cufflink clicks in some files ... F
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Nice and Sweet, but alas for me unusable in a serious mix due loud fretnoise, nail or cufflink clicks in some files ... F

I personally don't mind fret noise. Adds to the realism in my view.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I personally don't mind fret noise. Adds to the realism in my view.

True, but sometimes you get a client asking questions about certain noises, especially when you deliver a mix for a video sound track or backup 'tape', and of course you can edit clicks out in an audio sequence file. When i was working as musician in studio situations a sound tech mostly abandons recordings with too loud fret noises etc, mostly asking you to redo a take or do a punch in repair. One can always add fret noises, got samples if i really need 'em. F
fiddler2007,

Perhaps you can create a song file that includes the noise, freeze the tracks then send the file to PG support. Tell them about which bars have the extra noises and direct them to this thread. There is a chance they can edit out the noise and release the change in a future update.
Maybe a good idea, but there are more nice guitar RTs, especially Quinn is one of my fav players .. F
© PG Music Forums