PG Music Home
Posted By: dwinders 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/26/18 11:31 PM
hi: i just bought 2018 BIAB and can't load any drums subsets into the drums. this is the first version that has more than 2 subsets. before, the subsets just came up automatically. can anyone help me? thanks, david w.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/26/18 11:34 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know what you mean by drum subsets. Could you explain more, please?

Are you upgrading from an earlier version of BIAB?
Posted By: dwinders Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/27/18 12:07 AM
thanks, and yes i upgraded from 2017. on 2017 and earlier versions i just put in the part marker from color "blue" to 'green" and the drum would go into a different pattern just like that. i think on 2018 i have to load all the "a" thru "d" subsets in the style and i have never done that. 2018 says i can put in fills, etc. on the drums. right now the drums just play i guess the "a" subset only. when i put in a part marker it never changes the drum beats at all. sorry i was so vague in my first post. thanks again for willing to help. david w.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/27/18 12:20 AM
David,

Welcome also.

Most style have at least 2 variations for Part markers, but not all have 4 different sub-styles.

What Style are you using?
Posted By: dwinders Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/27/18 12:36 AM
thanks, i am using a real style called "nashville southern" and it has 4 subsets. i can only get one to play. i just don't know how to load them in. i read all i could find in the help section but to no avail. if i change from "blue" to "green" nothing happens. it won't go into the bridge, chorus or whatever. thanks for trying to help. i am sure it is my problem. BIAB is a great piece of software. david w.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/27/18 04:09 AM
Do you possibly have any Audio recording that you exported at any stage. Try disabling Audio, make sure that tracks are NOT frozen, and be sure to Regenerate the song (don't just press Play).

Attached picture 2018-01-27_18-07-09.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/27/18 04:14 AM
Originally Posted By: dwinders
thanks, i am using a real style called "nashville southern" and it has 4 subsets. i can only get one to play.

All of the Nashville Southern styles I could find only have 2 sub-styles. What is the actual (short) name of the style?

Attached picture 2018-01-27_18-12-28.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/27/18 04:22 AM
Incidentally, I just tried creating a song with the use of the 2 sub-styles and although they are quite subtle, the fills definitely worked. This is quite an old MIDI style you are using. There may be better RealTracks available?
Posted By: dwinders Re: 2018 biab drums subset problem - 01/28/18 12:10 AM
thanks for the tips and info on my problem. i think i have it fixed. there is a real drum style called "nashville southern" and it only has 2 subsets but i fiddled with it and now i get the fills and chorus changes OK. some of the changes are very subtle as you said. i learned a lot by going thru this situation and thanks again for your help. d. winders
© PG Music Forums