PG Music Home
I have been working lately on making good sounding Karaoke from different midifiles and BiaB files. The problem with many of the imported midi files is that they have variation in the speed. So when I run those midifiles in Karafun to export as a video, and then take the same file in to BiaB to export as a audio with much better sound, they are aut of sync with the one I run in Karafun. So I cannot not use the Mux feature in FormatFactory to just join those two files to a final karaoke video with much better sound. Is not BiaB supposed to play the midifiles the same way as Karafun plays them?

When I batch processed the Folksong included in BiaB to Midi, and made Karaoke from them in Karafun, this was never an issue.

I now come to think of it, as BiaB can import .kar songs. Do BiaB handle those .kar files differently? If so, can I just rename the *.mid to *.kar, and solve the problem that way?

Anyway, I think it is time for BiaB to be enhanced in the big lyric window to something similar to Karafun, as Karafun is a free karaoke program after all and are 1000 times better. I guess the big lyric window has been like it is now, since the very beginning? No video background. No text effect. No export as video a.s.o. Even those that use the big lyric window just to read the lyric when perform, could enjoy that, I guess...;)
Hey Trygve,

Check out the 2018 BiaB manual starting bottom of page 399.
Thank's Deacon. But from what I can see there, it is about chords interpretation only. Or, do the Patch changes include tempo-shift?
Hi Trygve,

I wouldn't expect BIAB to follow tempo changes in a MIDI file. It doesn't really open a MIDI file as-is, it imports the tracks onto the Melody track, and interprets the chords and enters on the chord sheet. Any tempo changes that happen would need to be entered using Bar Settings.

Do the tempo changes work when you open the MIDI file in RealBand? RealBand has access to the same plugins as Band-in-a-Box, and is generally a better choice for working with MIDI files, as it can open them directly and split all the instruments to their own tracks.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Trygve,

I wouldn't expect BIAB to follow tempo changes in a MIDI file. It doesn't really open a MIDI file as-is, it imports the tracks onto the Melody track, and interprets the chords and enters on the chord sheet. Any tempo changes that happen would need to be entered using Bar Settings.

Do the tempo changes work when you open the MIDI file in RealBand? RealBand has access to the same plugins as Band-in-a-Box, and is generally a better choice for working with MIDI files, as it can open them directly and split all the instruments to their own tracks.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Trygve,

These are my thoughts too.

BIAB has its tempo changes set via Bar Settings whereas MIDI files have tempo changes embedded in them.

If you use MIDI monitor to remove all the tempo changes in the MIDI file and then add those tempo changes in BIAB's bar settings, I imagine that you'll get a file that works.

Alternatively, you could create a tempo map in Realband and BIAB should follow that.

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Trygve,

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Trygve,

These are my thoughts too.

BIAB has its tempo changes set via Bar Settings whereas MIDI files have tempo changes embedded in them.

If you use MIDI monitor to remove all the tempo changes in the MIDI file and then add those tempo changes in BIAB's bar settings, I imagine that you'll get a file that works.

Alternatively, you could create a tempo map in Realband and BIAB should follow that.

Regards,
Noel

Kent/Noel; Now that's information! I think i must get myself more involved in MIDI files & Realband; always thought it was as cumbersome as BIAB ... F
Kent/Noel...Thank's for jumping in here to try to help me out... But as the word Fiddler mention, "Cumbersome" is just the first letter for me. I have to say I was expecting BiaB to work better with Midi and .kar files for my Karaoke Project. But ok, I will just post some wishes in the wish forum, then see how many others agree with me in the request, and what PG- Music can/will do about it. As for now, BiaB really sucks as a Karaoke program. I'll also post some other questions here...

Thank's again. And for the first time, PG-Music staff to jump in with some help+. That's progress to me...;)
© PG Music Forums