PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. crash 3 times in a row - 02/26/18 07:19 PM
hi guys i was working on a song and decided i need some help medley line so pullup smooth jazz bossa in medelist hit okey and then it crash without log anyone exsperence this i have latest update eric
Posted By: Noel96 Re: crash 3 times in a row - 02/27/18 02:31 AM
Eric,

A couple of thoughts that occurred to me were...

1. Under "Help | About Band In A Box" check what build is installed. The current build if 512.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

2. Close BIAB and then start the program by right-clicking on the startup shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

Do either of these make a difference?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Petimar Re: crash 3 times in a row - 02/27/18 04:33 PM
I've experienced several freezes and some crashes with build 512. These almost never happened in previous versions and older BIAB.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: crash 3 times in a row - 02/27/18 07:00 PM
hi noel sorry for the late reply biab seems okey in other songs i have done all the things you speak of no help has crash 12 times in exspermenting thanks eric
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: crash 3 times in a row - 02/27/18 11:25 PM
Eric,

First in Band-in-a-Box save the song project under a new name (to protect your work. Close BiaB, open BiaB, load the song project with the new name. Does the new project crash?

If the new project crashes then open the new project in RealBand. Save the new project under a second new name but with the same suffix. In other words you want the song project to remain a MGU or SGU file.

Open Band-in-a-Box and load the SGU or MGU file saved with RealBand. Does it crash? If so then the song project is likely corrupt beyond repair.

Sometimes saving a project under a new name or opening a project in another program will repair a file.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: crash 3 times in a row (solved) - 03/03/18 04:37 PM
hi thanks for responding petimar, noel ,jim turns out to be maybe 1. increase buffer in my sound card m-audio delta 1010 pci to 1024 buffers 2. redid ultra pack to option2 3. song may have been corrupt option 2 was recommended by support and made a difference in speed and function i am going to try saving the song by renaming it if that doesn't work out i will delete it anyway thanks for helping out the old guy eric
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: crash 3 times in a row (solved) - 03/03/18 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi guys i was working on a song and decided i need some help medley line so pullup smooth jazz bossa in medelist hit okey and then it crash without log anyone exsperence this i have latest update eric
© PG Music Forums