PG Music Home
Posted By: Farrell can we add real tracks to my mp3 song? - 02/28/18 12:14 AM
Hi
I have imported a song of mine into Band In A Box 2018, in mp3 format and have used audio wizard to figure out the chords, now, can I or how do I add real tracks to my audio song?

Thanks

Farrell
If f.i. all runs in sync (check with a drum track or click) you could select a style in the style picker, or single out an RT for an individual track. F
Yes you can add RealTracks to your MP3 song in BIAB. Two things are required and they are provided to BIAB by the Audio Chord Wizard. You need the chords, which you have already retrieved and you also need a tempo map. You did not indicate that you created an accurate tempo map when you processed your song in the Audio Chord Wizard. The ACW (Audio Chord Wizard) creates a tempo map but it is not normally very accurate without some input to help it with the analysis.

If you did not set the start point and adjust the tempo and if you want to add individual RealTracks rather than a RealStyle combo that is a complete backing track, I recommend you move your project to RealBand. It is easier to do what you are trying to accomplish in the RealBand program.

If you prefer to stay in BIAB, you need to run the ACW again.

Since you have imported your audio, open the Audio Editor and run the new ACW.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: can we add real tracks to my mp3 song? - 03/01/18 02:56 AM
Yes I agree RealBand is more accurate with tempo mapping, it will use decimal points: 120.6856432 bpm, Biab will round it off to 120bpm. So to be in sync accurately use RealBand. Just add some compression and reverb to the RT to sit it in the mp3 mix.
Posted By: rharv Re: can we add real tracks to my mp3 song? - 03/03/18 01:20 AM
I did this video many years ago, so it's kind of crude, hope it helps to figure out how the ACW can use an MP3 to create RTs in RealBand by lining up tempo and chords

http://www.masteringmatters.com/stuff/ACW_Tempo_Map_creation.avi
Kind of crude indeed, as the displayed chords didn't really look like what's been played to my ears: IMO key of Dm with about only a C (modal key) as changes, and when there's some more interesting chord riffs, they're missed altogether by RB (?). However the added bass track seems to fit, playing G notes over an IMO C-chord of the guitar LoL. I also experimented with this audio analyzer (in BIAB) in the past, and found it useful and kind of working, but only with simple and clearly recorded material. But you got me curious, next time i'll try Realband. Thnx, F
Posted By: rharv Re: can we add real tracks to my mp3 song? - 03/03/18 10:05 AM
Yeah, it's a 2 minute video .. not a lot of time spent correcting anything.
It was more about getting the tempo map to match the audio. Once you have that you can change the chords at will.
Also, no chord is truly established until you know the root <grin>. A Dm can easily be a G9 or F6 ..

Even more crude; it's really a 12/8 guitar piece and I used 4/4 for the tempo. That's because the RTs I wanted to use did what I wanted with 4/4. With 12/8 they were too busy.
Sometimes you gotta get creative.
Both BIAB and RB have enhanced methods of creating tempo maps other than the original ACW that many may find easier and more useful.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: can we add real tracks to my mp3 song? - 03/04/18 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Both BIAB and RB have enhanced methods of creating tempo maps other than the original ACW that many may find easier and more useful.
And what may those "enhanced methods of creating tempo maps" be? Curious minds want to know!
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
And what may those "enhanced methods of creating tempo maps" be? Curious minds want to know!

BIAB has the 'new' ACW

RB got the click track feature last year I believe. You can manually create and align imported audio without having to use the ACW.
© PG Music Forums