PG Music Home
Posted By: biab-user BIAB crash if I activate styles after ACW - 03/03/18 01:07 PM
Band In A Box 2018 will stop responding and shut down if I run audio (mp3) and activating a style at the same time.

Basically I used ACW (tried both, standalone and integrated) to make a backing track, saved the changes and it won't allow me to activate the style _JAZZHOP.STY at the same time playing the audio file.

The thing is, if I disable the audio, then it works.

Then I loaded the same file in RB and it works just fine.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Another couple of problems... in RB I try to load the Helix Native VST... it shows the listing in the applet but it does not appear. This is the (x64) version. Also, the tracks meters won't light up during play. The only one that does is the master channel at the bottom right.

can someone help please?

The software is the latest releases.

Thanks
Just checking, you’re on build 512?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB crash if I activate styles after ACW - 03/03/18 03:59 PM
also just checking...

1. Did you try starting BIAB by right-clicking on the startup shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator"?

2. Have a look under "Audio | Audio driver settings" and try setting the audio driver to MME if it is not already.

Regards,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Just checking, you’re on build 512?

Yes it's the latest build.

I think that I found a reason why this happened. File name problem...

The MP3 file name was quite long and had brackets in it. I renamed it (shortened it) and it seems to work now, but still it doesn't account why it worked with RB and not BIAB.
Still having problem with the tracks strips not displaying the metering.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
also just checking...

1. Did you try starting BIAB by right-clicking on the startup shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator"?

2. Have a look under "Audio | Audio driver settings" and try setting the audio driver to MME if it is not already.

Regards,
Noel

Started it normally as this has always worked in the past.

I'm not at that computer at the moment but I believe it's set with MME. Will check it tomorrow.
Someone, I think John Ford, discovered that file names with long paths did that, but it was fixed by a patch. I think it was something huge like a file name with > 128 characters.
The file path is only two subfolders inside the c:\ bb folder. smile
OK... I HAVE SOLVED IT!

The audio driver in RB was set to Windows Sound, so I changed it to MME and now the metering works.

The problem with Helix Native VST2 not working was to do with an update of Native that I installed but did not tick the option to instal the VST2 dll. Normally this is VST3, which doesn't work in BIAB and RB.

Basically the software previous version was installed and working but the new update removed the graphical applet from BIAB an RB but the reference name was still showing in the RB VST list.
Very confusing to understand why it wouldn't load.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB crash if I activate styles after ACW - 03/04/18 11:06 PM
Glad you're up and running!

Thanks for passing on the additional information. It will be useful to someone for sure.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB crash if I activate styles after ACW - 03/05/18 04:19 PM
The long folder/file path problem was specifically for RealBand and PowerTracks; I never had problems with BIAB. That's what was recently fixed.
© PG Music Forums