PG Music Home

Hi, gang - could somebody please help me with this? I'm sure it's PEBCAK ("Problem exists between keyboard and chair"), bit I can't find it in the Manuals.

Simple question: How do you Insert 2 Bars mid-song, and then have the following Bar start on a new line?

I want to insert Bars - simple-enough, right? But here's what's happening:

1. My refrain ends on Measure 28, on a C, subsyle a..
2. I want to hold that C for two bars, on a C, with no change to substye, before the next verse.
3. So,I highlight Measure 29, and go to Edit > Insert Bars, and select 2 bars.
4. I get 2 new Bars, M 29 and 30, but now my verse starts on M31. M31, the start of my next verse, sits halfway across the screen... and For reasons unknown, the "blanked out bars" are inserted 8 measures *AFTER* where I want them to be.
5. No problem, right? so I go to M31 and hit F5, and click "Chordsheet and Notation - start a new Line"
6. Whoops. M31 highlights with a line under the measure number, but nothing else happens.

Can anyone assist, and give me a step-by-step, please? It's killing me. Nobody can read my charts. frown

Thanks!
HI

Maybe this will help .
You can force a new line by inserting an A or B variation at the bar you want the new line to start.
It can be the same variation as you were using if you don’t want to change from A to B etc.
Like wise you can undo a new line by clicking on the A B var until it is clear.
Hope this helps
Mike
Thank you, Mike. That seems to be doing "something", but (at first try) does not always seem to split the lines where I want. But I'll experiment a little more.

So, the Corrollary question becomes: "What is that 'Chordsheet and notation - start a new line" supposed to do?

I'm exclusively in Chordsheet view, if it matters...

But thanks again! With your help, I've made ** a little** progress! laugh
Hi

Basically it just allows you to have some control on where a new line starts on the chord sheet.
The default behaviour is 4 bars per line but start a new line on variation A B section changes.
This can be changed by right click in any bar and chosing display options.

Mike

Attached picture Untitled-1 copy.jpg
© PG Music Forums