PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 J Bridge - 03/09/18 07:58 PM
Is there step by step instructions for using J Bridge that are simple for a novice user?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: J Bridge - 03/09/18 08:36 PM
Rich,

All you need to do is install it and forget about it. 64-bit VSTi plugins that require it will use it when they're loaded in BIAB/RB.

JBridge does not work with DXi plugins.

If a 64-bit VSTi doesn't pick up JBridge and load into BIAB/RB, it means that there is an incompatibility that using JBridge does not solve.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: J Bridge - 03/09/18 08:52 PM
Peter Gannon commented recently there are some 64-bit VSTi plugins that do not work with JBridge. I think WAVES products were mentioned. Noel's answer is correct; if the plugin is supported, it just works seamlessly.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: J Bridge - 03/09/18 11:17 PM
An issue unique to jBridge is how the file is packaged. You may need two programs to decompress the file because the application is archived (compressed) twice.

The file arrives as a 7up archive file. I had to find and download a utility program that can extract 7up files. When that file is decompressed, using 7up or another archive program, the file becomes a zip archive file. Windows is able to extract zip files.

The utility costs less through PG Music than through the developer's website.

The file is password protected. You will receive an email from the developer that includes the password.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: J Bridge - 03/10/18 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info guys
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: J Bridge - 03/11/18 05:43 AM
7zip is free, 7zip , been using that for 3 years, i am an ex WinRAR user.

jBridge has a settings menu on a converted plugin, which might fix some (graphics?) issues.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: J Bridge - 03/11/18 06:17 AM
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
7zip is free, 7zip , been using that for 3 years

I'm a 7zip fan, too. It unlocks just about every compression format I've come across.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: J Bridge - 03/11/18 03:34 PM
another 7Zip vote here

BUT since I always like to have at ONE additional way to "skin the cat" I also have PeaZip which can (sometimes) repair a damaged compressed file it's also free

http://www.peazip.org/index.html

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-winzip-alternative

Larry
Posted By: jford Re: J Bridge - 03/12/18 01:29 PM
I use WinRAR, WinZip, and 7Zip. I think I bought WinRAR 15 years ago or so, and my license has worked for every update/upgrade since.

But with 7Zip, you can't go very wrong with FREE.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: J Bridge - 03/13/18 08:40 PM
Okay, I ordered J bridge but I found out I have to wait up to 24 hours before I receive the software to download. In the meantime I added Atruria's Analog 3 software into BIAB as a vst plug in. It shows it can be selected but I cannot apply any sounds from Analog as of yet. I assume once I install j Bridge I will be able to use the sounds. Is that correct? Sorry for the dumb question but I am totally new to this.
Thanks Rich
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: J Bridge - 03/14/18 05:35 AM
I am not familiar with Arturia, but with 64bit Halion Sonic SE, recognized automatically via jBridge in BIAB, you can load the sounds if the plugin is active,. Check if there's a setting under options etc for GM (General Midi) or GM2; Midi sounds in BIAB are selected automatically via GM program changes. F

Attached picture BIAB driver settings.jpg
© PG Music Forums