PG Music Home
More of a curiosity question then a concern.

Just looked at all the files in the Demo section of BB on my hard drive and I see that all of the RealTrack demos are duplicated. I currently have 7,152 SGU & MGU files in C:\bb\Demos\Realtracks-Demos and I also have 7,152 duplications scattered around various sub-directories in C:\bb\Demos\RealTracks-Demos\...

Any logical reason why this is so. I have a 960 GB SSD so I am not worried about space at all.
The folder contains about 3GB of wma realtrack band/solo demos and 70meg of SUG MGU and other files.
If you are desperate for room you can symlink the folder to another drive/SD card/usb stick.
Have you got the RealTracks/Drums on the same drive ?
Pipeline:

My folder is much larger, around 36 MB of SGU,MGU & WMA files. My only question was why they were duplicated as I found them to be. Since I have a 960 GFB SSD, I am way more then enough room to put 8 more copies of BIAB on the drive. It is not a question of running out of space at all. I am just wondering why are they duplicated to begin with. What was PG Music's reasoning. I myself see absolutely no reason for this. I would think that only 1 copy is needed for the demo files to load and run if I so chose to do so.
jcland, do you have BIAB 2018? If so, you could try running the BB CLeanup utility found in the /BB/Data folder.
Quote:
My folder is much larger, around 36 MB

Do you mean 36 GB ?

Do a search for .wma in the search box of the folder when done select all wma files > right click > Properties, all the wma should be in the root of that folder.

Make sure you haven't got a RealTracks folder in the same folder somehow as they sat together in 2017.
Tip: You can also run the Cleanup Utility from the Help drop-down menu:

Attached picture 2018-03-14_15-44-05.jpg
© PG Music Forums