PG Music Home
Is it just me? I added a midi organ to replace the organ in a Real Style which played fine in BIAB. Opened in RB and no midi track but the original Real Tracks organ was there.

Went back to BIAB, froze the tracks and then the midi track waa there when I opened in RB.

Midi tracks only seem to carry over when the BIAB file is frozen.
Bob,

Is this a midi Supertrack or an ordinary midi track that was added to the style via "Stylemaker | Make a hybrid style"?

If you can give specific details such as the name of the original style and the midi track you used, I'll try and replicate what you experienced.

Regards,
Noel

I think I added a custom midi track via the mixer drop down and used 'presets' to give me a choice

It was a fairly basic organ part
_DREAMYP.STY

Custom midi style:0 (No patch change) (big+sty)

I replaced the piano part
Thanks, Bob. That helps.

I tried the above, and it's exactly as you say. Even though the Custom Midi saves with the SGU file, it does not open correctly in RB unless the midi track is frozen.

I've reported this to the development team and have referenced this thread.

Regards,
Noel

Hi Guys,

I've replicated the issue, and will make sure it's added to the bug list.

Cheers!
Kent
PG Music
Thanks, Kent!
Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know the results of my tests concerning this issue:

If you assign a Custom MIDI Style to a track other than Melody or Soloist in BIAB, don't freeze the MIDI track, and open the song in RB, that Custom MIDI Track is ignored, and doesn't show up under any circumstances.

If you've put it on the Melody or Soloist track, then it shows up like a regular BB Melody or Soloist track, whether frozen or unfrozen.

If you replace a RealTrack with a Custom MIDI Track and freeze it, whatever RealTrack would have been there otherwise opens in RB, and the Custom MIDI Track shows up like the RealChart for that track, labelled RC (for RealChart), whether your settings say you want RealCharts to open or not.

If you assign a Custom MIDI Track to a blank track, or one that originally contained MIDI (other than Melody or Soloist) and freeze it, then it comes up in RB like a normal BB MIDI track, no issues or weirdness.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums