PG Music Home
Is there a way to change the automatically selected Realdrums if there's a song with MIDI drums. For a lot of music OK, but especially with jazzy stuff i get enough of the particularly selected set of Realdrums: When you load a song using the MG1 extension, as a lot of jazz stuff in my archive default to, a frigging jazzbrushes RD comes up, with IMO far too many off topic syncopic missers. The drums are OK, well recorded too, but give you the feeling that the virtual drummer is a type of disinterested professional nightclub jammmer, boozy mood and with a half burnt away cigarette in his mouth, and not really listening what goes on musically. Maybe he's looking at a well built barmaid all the time, can't blame the poor feller ... So where can i set MG1 (in particular) to load something else by default? -F
Hi fiddler,

As your probably already know, song files that end in MG1 are based on the ZZJAZZ.STY style.

When I thought about that in relation to your question, I wondered if the below might work. I haven't tried it, though, so I don't know how successful it will be.

======

1. Save a copy of the style ZZJAZZ.STY so that you can get it back if needed. The below is going to modify that style (possibly).

2. Load in the style ZZJAZZ.STY into BIAB (#1).

3. Open "File | Stylemaker | Edit current style".

4. Select "Drums" (#2).

5. Select "Misc" (#3).

6. Activate "Style uses Realdrums" (#4).

7. Select the Realdrums to use (#5).

8. Save and exit.

Now, in theory at least, ZZJAZZ.STY should load with the Realdrums of your choice.

What might stop this from happening is that ZZJAZZ.STY is one of BIAB's built-in styles so it might not be able to be modified. If that occurs, try the below....

9. Follow the above but save the settings to a new style.

10. Sort your song folder by extension and copy all the .MG1 files to a separate folder somewhere.

11. Save a copy of these files in a second folder so that you can get the originals back if needed.

12. Use "File | File Utilities" to change all the songs in one of the two new folders to the newly created, specific style.

13. Copy these modified songs back to the song folder they were in originally. They will overwrite the songs presently there (hence the backup of the songs in a second folder).

Hope this helps (it's all theoretical so it might not).

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Thanks for your vote of confidence that I read recently in one of the other threads (I can't remember which it was now). Appreciate it!

Attached picture setting realdrums in style.JPG
Good tips, thanks for your extensive report, bro. Keep 'em coming ! PS just learned an Irish reel called The (spilled) Cup of Tea, coincidence? LoL F

PS ex changed them successfully for some simple Hillbilly Brushes style .... sounds IMO better, guess them Cowboy Swing drummers don't drink ...
Copy n Paste to Tips n Tricks I reckon !
Yes, Noel. Pipeline's idea about your idea is a winner.
Trev
© PG Music Forums