PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 extracting individual tracks from BIAB - 03/20/18 10:36 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't you able to export biab tracks as separate wave files in the past? If yes I cannot find this option in the 2018 version.
Thanks
Originally Posted By: Rich59
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't you able to export biab tracks as separate wave files in the past? If yes I cannot find this option in the 2018 version.
Thanks

Drag individual tracks one-at-a-time, drop it on the drop station as shown. Results will be at 'x:\bb\DragDrop'

Attached picture 2018-03-21_01-03-54.jpg
Posted By: Rich59 Re: extracting individual tracks from BIAB - 03/20/18 11:25 AM
Thanks again.
Posted By: WendyM Re: extracting individual tracks from BIAB - 03/20/18 12:14 PM
VT-thats a great tip.I neverknew that-like most things on here.FWIW I dont do that.I right click on the track I want in the mixer window,selct "Track actions" in the dropdown,then "save track as wav file"to whatever folder you want in the next dropdown.If Im doing it all wrong, please tell, but it does work for me.Wendy
Posted By: MikeK Re: extracting individual tracks from BIAB - 03/20/18 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: WendyM
VT-thats a great tip.I neverknew that-like most things on here.FWIW I dont do that.I right click on the track I want in the mixer window,selct "Track actions" in the dropdown,then "save track as wav file"to whatever folder you want in the next dropdown.If Im doing it all wrong, please tell, but it does work for me.Wendy

That is the way it works for me as well smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: extracting individual tracks from BIAB - 03/20/18 01:12 PM
Wendy and Mike K,

Your way does work, so does the way VideoTrack suggested. Band-in-a-Box provides multiple ways to perform most tasks. Sometimes there are three or four ways to accomplish a task!

Your comments read like something I might write. I find one method to perform a task and that is the method I use. Then someone mentions an entirely different way of performing the same task. Sometimes the different method is a natural fit for my workflow but other times the new method becomes a "nice to know".

The surprising thing to me is both methods fit the workflow of some people because everyone has a different way of working.
Originally Posted By: Rich59
Thanks

It's there, under Audio, select export Audio as WAV or something alike, and you can choose various options
.... only the normalize function does not seem to work, a reported bug. F

Attached picture BIAB Audio export.jpg
Yes, as others have mentioned there's usually more than one way to perform a task.
Incidentally, I use other methods also, but that was a quick way of visualizing the required steps for the O/P.
© PG Music Forums