PG Music Home
Posted By: thomasc Imported audio - no left/right panning??? - 03/30/18 10:24 AM
Hi

Is this really the case?
Every other real track channel panning works as expected but not the imported audio one.

Is there a thought behind it or is it a bug?

cheers
Thomas
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Imported audio - no left/right panning??? - 03/30/18 01:22 PM
Hi Thomas,

I just loaded a stereo wav onto the Audio track and, like you say, the panning option doesn't appear to work. Even though the values change appropriately from -63 to +63, there is no change in the signal output.

While I can't speak for PG Music programmers, this certainly seems unusual and I suspect it is a bug.

I have reported this to the developers and referenced this thread.

Regards,
Noel

The work around is to convert the audio to a Performance Track and the track will be pannable. It is very evident with a mono channel or a split stereo track but not as prevalent with a stereo track. In order to make it more prevalent, split the stereo tracks in a DAW or Audacity prior to import.
Charlie, that sounds like the way Mac computers handle audio.
I'm PC only and have no experience with MACs. This situation normally occurs with me when I've imported guitar audio. In most cases, it's most beneficial for me to convert the stereo guitar to a mono signal anyway and almost always I use panning with multiple guitars in a project so I thought I'd post in the event the original poster's project could be completed with the work around rather than wait on an update if it's in fact a bug.

There may be a simpler fix but this is how I've always addressed it. It would not surprise me to learn of a setting somewhere down in the menus to be checked or unchecked.
Thanks for the confirmation/comments.

Hope it's a relatively simple software fix ..., will monitor PG Music's response/action.
That's been like that for years, I have reported in so many times.
Yes, I got that impression chasing through old posts.
Has there been no response/feedback at all from PG Music???
Hi Guys,

The Audio track has never been pannable, in either the Windows or Mac versions. I don't have an immediate solution, other than to move the Audio track to a Performance Track, but I'll be happy to pass along a request to have this behaviour changed.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hi Kent

Many thanks for your prompt response.
I think an active input from PG music on some of the topics that are discussed on the forum shows a good concern for the customers who also in some respect helps improving the products.

So, great if this can be addressed as it then would be consistent with the behaviour of the other audio channels.
If there are no system or design limitations this surely must be a quick fix? smile

cheers Thomas
Just add any fx vst in the audio track that has a pan in it, turn any other fx off or down and just use the pan control.

http://www.mildon.me/plugins/3dpanner

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1214

Attached picture BB-Audio-Pan.png
Attached picture Daul-Panner.png
Solved in latest release - thanks for listening PG-music!

cheers Thomas
© PG Music Forums