PG Music Home
Please view this small PDF: [img]www.mattfinley.com/promos/piano.pdf[/img]

It is a screen print of my desktop just after starting BIAB. You can see the BIAB logo on the right. What is that Steinway Piano window from?

In BIAB. Preferences, MIDI Driver, I have an iRig 37 as my MIDI input device. I have no VSTs being loaded because I use a Roland Integra-7 as my hardware MIDI Output device. It has been years since I experimented with any software synth for BIAB.

Does anyone here know what's going on, please?
Are you maybe set to load the previous song from your last session on program bootup?
Hi Mat

That is odd .
Only time I get anything similar is when I load a mgu or sgu that I have used instances of say Kontakt in ,
But by then I am in the application and it appears in the application window, when i load the song, not on the desktop!
Mike
Hi Matt,

If you delete VSTiPluginList.ini from the BB\Preferences folder, that'll clear your list of VSTis, and should stop this from happening.

If that doesn't do the trick, you could also delete DXiPluginList.ini, in case the Steinway is a DXi instead of a VSTi.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Matt,

I just did a search for *.audio on my C: drive and I found that it's related to Garritan.

After digging deeper, I found piano_m_d7_0002102c.audio, the exact same file in...

C:\Program Files\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4\Samples\5. Keyboards\Steinway Piano

It looks like you might have a VSTi/DXi loaded that hasn't cleared properly. Have a look under the "Plugins" tab on BIAB's mixer and see if that shines any additional light.

Hope this helps,
Noel
John, yes, but it happens for any song.

Mike, I never used Kontact (but I did try Samplitude when BIAB added it).

Noel: Garritan? Absolutely, that must be it. I was the person who wrote the initial guide on how to get Garritan Jazz and Big Band to work in BIAB, and that became the tutorial we have now. But that's years ago!

Kent, I will clear those files and report back later.

What a group we have here! And this isn't even important. Thanks, everyone!
Noel, I don't have that folder anymore, but I did find the same file (and lots of others I'm not using) here:

C:/Program Files/Garritan/Smart Score/Samples

Obviously I could uninstall this, but I think when I do Kent's clearout instructions, this will no longer be called by BIAB.

Kent, EDIT: I found this as the only entry in VSTiPluginList:

=
sforzando VST_x86=C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns\sforzando VST_x86.dll

I renamed the VSTiPluginList.ini file. I see a very brief blip now, not long enough to screen-capture as before. BIAB has not rebuilt the file.

I think this is acceptable now. Thank again!
© PG Music Forums