PG Music Home
Posted By: crashkahuna How to force key sig to sharps vs flats - 04/20/18 06:17 PM
Must be a simple way to do this but I can't find. I would rather see F# key sig than Gb. Thanks.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: How to force key sig to sharps vs flats - 04/20/18 07:09 PM
BIAB doesn't support E#, which is in the key of F#.
Oh, ok thanks. I should have mentioned that song is in E and then I press transpose to soprano sax so it ends up in Gb.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: How to force key sig to sharps vs flats - 04/20/18 08:37 PM
B#, E#, Fb and Cb are not supported yet. Those have been on the wish list for awhile.
Posted By: big741 Re: How to force key sig to sharps vs flats - 04/21/18 10:45 AM
Not sure if this is the solution you seek, but it helped me.

Practice Window Question
I think I understand the original problem. A song in E, with four sharps, gets transposed up a step and you would prefer to see it in F#. BIAB, you are saying, chooses Gb instead.

Pick your poison here; both keys are pretty terrible to play in: six flats, or six sharps. Halfway around the circle of fifths from C.

You should have a choice of which one. I want to try a couple of things later.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to force key sig to sharps vs flats - 04/21/18 03:18 PM
So there's no option like this ?

Attached picture RC_Flat_Sharps.png
As someone suggested instead of using the transpose for instrument (soprano sax) do a real transpose from E up 2 semitones to get the chart. Then it does indeed show as F#. I play in F# a lot (thanks guitar players that love E) and just learned F# well rather than seeing Gb. So this workaround will be fine.
Thanks for the feedback. This bears further inspection, though.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to force key sig to sharps vs flats - 04/21/18 07:27 PM
I've only glanced of the above posts so I may be posting a thought that someone else has already mentioned. Just in case they haven't, though...

Have you tried... after transposing, going back into the "Key setting" (#1 on the below image) and then selecting "F#" in the column on the right (#2 on the image)?

This right-side column just sets the key signature and does not transpose.

Attached picture key signature change no transpose.JPG
© PG Music Forums