PG Music Home
Posted By: Tony Wright Why multiple yellow flags with 2018? - 05/01/18 09:08 AM
I raised this problem during pre-release testing but it persists with 516.

It started with 2018 and only seems to apply to the "play back paused until MIDI note or qwerty....." flag. You sometimes end up with a stack of four flags which blocks part of the screen and means you tend to ignore the latest flag that was added to the stack. The flags clear as soon as you start play but why stack four of them?

Tony
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Why multiple yellow flags with 2018? - 05/01/18 10:53 AM
At least the limit is four. Tony, do you have a suggestion how to make these messages look better?
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: Why multiple yellow flags with 2018? - 05/03/18 10:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
At least the limit is four. Tony, do you have a suggestion how to make these messages look better?

With four identical flags that say exactly the same thing, they cover a quarter of the chord sheet and half of the mixer - it's crazy. I cannot remember exactly how it worked before 2018 but one solution would be to delete and immediatelty replace the first flag if a second one is triggered. The off/on flash would be obvious, so you would still know that a flag is trying to attract your attention.
Hi Tony,

I'm getting the exact same issue, looks like a bug. I'm reporting it right now.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Why multiple yellow flags with 2018? - 05/03/18 06:33 PM
If I understand correctly, the bug here is that the same message is repeated. Tony’s other point, about how much room the messages take, is something else to consider (assuming the messages are different). Could these be smaller anyway?
Exactly, one copy of the message should be appearing each time you hit Play. It seems like the messages are being stored in a buffer that isn't being cleared, so we get four boxes with the exact same message for no good reason.

I can forward a request to make the boxes smaller, or at least adjustable, while I'm at it.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Why multiple yellow flags with 2018? - 05/03/18 09:14 PM
Good news, thanks Kent.
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: Why multiple yellow flags with 2018? - 05/04/18 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Exactly, one copy of the message should be appearing each time you hit Play. It seems like the messages are being stored in a buffer that isn't being cleared, so we get four boxes with the exact same message for no good reason.

I can forward a request to make the boxes smaller, or at least adjustable, while I'm at it.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

Thanks Kent but just make the flags smaller - no need to be adjustable, I don't need any more options. BIAB is complex enough!

Tony
© PG Music Forums