PG Music Home
Posted By: nightflying unexpected volume changes in mixer - 05/15/18 01:37 AM
Hi!
I have big problems with mixer in BIAB 2018 (all syles and realtracks)

when I load for example the style NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing , it works fine , but I noticed that when I try to play along with my midi keyboard or keyboard wizard, what ever the sound level of my notes is affected and reduce and comes to the original level following the bars.. strange!
In that style there is a real track piano part and this one is also doing the same .; sound level changing constantly..

I tried many different things, to understand what was the the problem and discovered that when I reduce the level of the realdrums part every thing is going back normal.

I think "RealDrums in style: NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing: a: Sidestick, Brushesb: Brushes, Stick " Is corrupted or some thing is sat the wrong way..
It's not a big issue, right, but as a musicien it's very irritating.

Please can you have a look at that and help me solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Posted By: nightflying Re: unexpected volume changes in mixer - 06/10/18 03:41 AM
Hi everyone,
I received a very clear answer from BIAB , my problemis solved.
Here is the answer..could be useful for some with the same problem:

I see what's causing your problem. You're turning the Piano and Bass track volumes up all the way, and you also have the "All Songs" volume slider turned all the way up on the mixer, and really should turn everything back down to a more reasonable level.

Bear in mind that digital audio can only be turned up so far, and if its level exceeds 0 db, you'll get distortion. So we have a limiter always running on the master output channel, to stop you from turning anything up far enough to distort the signal.

A limiter is a kind of compressor, and the way it works is that when a signal's level gets too high, the limiter turns everything down to compensate. So you already had a piano playing that was far too loud, as it had been turned up to the max in two places, and then you turned the bass up all the way, which made things worse and forced the limiter to turn things down even more.

If Band-in-a-Box's output is too quiet, you should simply turn up your speakers.
© PG Music Forums