PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/23/18 04:35 PM
Is there a patch file for the TTS-1 ? Thanks.

Trax
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/23/18 05:44 PM
Trax,

Are you meaning a patch map for the "Get Patch/Drum Kit Info" button that appears on the "MIDI Driver" setup under "Options | Preferences"?

If so, I've found that TTS-1 does not need it. I just set the GM2 Support option and it works fine for me.

What is the problem that you're facing?

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/24/18 07:36 PM
I was looking for a patch file with all of the TTS instruments list?

Thanks.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/24/18 08:31 PM
Hi Music Trax,

I don't have the TTS-1 installed on this machine, but I remember it using the standard GM2 patches. The GM2 patch list is widely available (and built into Band-in-a-Box).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI_Level_2

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jford Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/24/18 10:35 PM
I just looked; the TTS-1 patch should already be there. Just select "Cakewalk TTS-1". I don't think I added it as a separate patch file; I believe it's part of the BIAB package.

Attached picture TTS-1.jpg
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/25/18 07:45 AM
I use the Edirol HyperCanvas which is the same thing and the GM2 patches work fine - I see its also listed on the standard BIAB patch list
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/25/18 03:05 PM
"Synthesizer/Sound Card" actually only loads drum kit mappings (though the default General MIDI Misc setting should work too), and doesn't really matter if you're using RealDrums. The important thing is making sure "General MIDI 2 (GM2) support" is selected, which is the default. smile

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jford Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/25/18 04:33 PM
If you don't select the proper drum mapping with the TTS-1, you'll get an electronic sounding bass drum, rather than acoustic. That's why you should select the proper one. That being said, BIAB is aware when you select TTS-1 and will ask if you want to remap the drums. At least it does for me.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 05/25/18 05:30 PM
Yes John !! Thanks so much. That was exactly what I was asking. I do have it here and set GM to GM 2 as well.

Thanks again,

Trax
© PG Music Forums