PG Music Home
HELLO,
I am new to BIAB.
The audible METRONOME that I get consist in BEAT 1-RIMSHOT (or something like this) and BEAT 2, 3 and 4 - CLOSED HIT HAT.

Can I configure this kind of METRONOME?
I play with a drummers and want to use the BASS form BIAB. Drums are muted but I need to provide a click to the drummer via HEADPHONES.

Any help is appreciatted.
ANOTHER ISSUE: I can not find the way to output the metronome to one specific audio channel of my 4 outputs audio card.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Montxo,

Band-in-a-Box will only output audio to one stereo output, sorry. You can't separate the tracks like that.

This would work though: If you have a hardware sound module (synthesizer) like an old Sound Canvas, select that as your MIDI Output Driver and uncheck "Use VSTi/DXi Synth" so all MIDI (including the metronome) plays through the sound module, and use a RealTrack for the bass. Now the bass will play through your soundcard since it's audio, and the metronome will play through the synth since it's MIDI.

Send the output of your soundcard to your speakers so you can hear the bass, and plug the drummer's headphones into the sound module.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hi Kent,
thanks for the reply and the trick.
Instead of a hardware module, can I use a software module (for example: a standalone KONTAKT instance) ?

Thanks ina advance.

Montxo
Hi Montxo,

Good idea. I haven't tried that myself, but it should be possible using Loopbe1. You can download it (free) here:

http://www.nerds.de/en/download.html

Select Loopbe as your MIDI Output Driver in BIAB, and as the MIDI Input in Kontakt, and Band-in-a-Box will send those metronome notes to Kontakt on channel 10. If you then set Kontakt to use a different output channel on the interface than BIAB, that should do the trick.

Please let us know if you run into problems.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
This is easier in Realband.
It allows setting the Output Port per track. This way any track(s) can be sent to any Audio Output available.

No LoopBe needed.

Also, I often start a project in Realband by opening (or importing if the song is already started) a file called Click.MID. I created this MIDI file as a 100 measure MIDI track that plays sidestick on 1-2-3-4.

Once I open/import it in Realband I can easily edit the drum notes in the EventList to get the sound I want and adjust volumes (velocities) as needed. IE change the note number to Cowbell or something and change velocity to suit.
I can also quickly convert it to an Audio track in RB where I can assign a different soundcard output port. See image below.

The mentioned click.mid file can be found here -

http://www.masteringmatters.com/stuff2/click.mid

Attached picture ClickMidImortConvertOutput.jpg
Hi KEN,
yes. I used LOOPBE sometime ago.

Thanks
Hi Guys

I setup everything as mentioned earlier..
Patched my MIDIout to LoopMidi (as input on Kontakt)...
The midi channels play correctly, but the COUNT-IN never plays through
© PG Music Forums