PG Music Home
Posted By: airtcon-161 CLOCK - 06/16/18 04:57 PM
Hi never remember seeing a clock in Band in a box, so is there one. Have done a search and midi clock come up but I want like stop watch to show how long a song is. I am thinking there is as it would be great for jingles. Anyone with further info

Thanks

Nelson
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: CLOCK - 06/16/18 05:26 PM
I don't think that there is one.

The Form Header does show the time of the generated song (I think it includes the count-in time)

The New User Interface shows a progress bar also, but no clock.

Attached picture 2018-06-17_06-22-35.jpg
Attached picture 2018-06-17_06-23-31.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: CLOCK - 06/16/18 05:33 PM
RealBand, on the other hand, has a Clock display with several different display settings available:

Attached picture 2018-06-17_06-32-01.jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: CLOCK - 06/16/18 08:42 PM
You can try https://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=Big%20Clock just load it in a midi track. (in Bar Display mode it starts @ bar 0 in BB as it has a 2 bar count-in)

Configurable, resizable counter for bars/beats/ticks, hours/minutes/seconds/frames, or samples. Use it if your host's counter is the wrong color, or isn't big enough. Bigger is better. This is resizable, and you can select the background color. Left-click to change type, right-click for options. Now supports (I think) 29.97 fps drop-frame time. Sample-accurate up to one hundred billion hours at 44100 Hz. Can also set up "cues" to display at selected times.

(Windows VSTi)

Attached picture BB-Big_Clock.png
Posted By: Noel96 Re: CLOCK - 06/16/18 09:56 PM
Nelson,

In case it's useful information...

To work out how many beats and bars fit into a given time, the formula on the image below will do the job.

It's also possible to use "Melody | Generate Soundtrack" to set the tempo, length of time and style and it will create the correct number of bars to fit into the given length of time.

Attached picture calculating song time - jingles.JPG
Posted By: John-Luke Re: CLOCK - 06/17/18 05:49 AM
It has been requested many times for many years. I personally asked it in january 2008, ten years ago.

We still don't understand why PG Music don't want to add a clock in BIAB...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: CLOCK - 06/17/18 06:54 AM
Myself also.
+1
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: CLOCK - 06/17/18 04:45 PM
OK PG Music whats going on here. Is it really that difficult to do and since it has been asked for why have things fallen on deaf ears. Please enlighten us.

Thanks

Nelson Lyon
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: CLOCK - 06/20/18 04:10 AM
Originally Posted By: airtcon-161
OK PG Music whats going on here. Is it really that difficult to do and since it has been asked for why have things fallen on deaf ears. Please enlighten us. Thanks Nelson Lyon

Cause: Maybe too many banjo and trumpet players lately around? They might need one of these:

Attached picture hoor toestel.jpg
Posted By: MarioD Re: CLOCK - 06/20/18 01:13 PM
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007

Cause: Maybe too many banjo and trumpet players lately around? They might need one of these:

This should be put under the good and the bad of a new set of headphones thread in the Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production section.

Description: Headphones
Attached picture ubbthreads.jpg
© PG Music Forums