PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 Now here's a thing for BIAB nerds ..... - 06/22/18 09:36 AM
Ah, ran into an impossibility for BIAB .... ?

Was trying to program an Mp3 backup & practice track for a friend.

Janis J's song Piece of my Heart. 4/4, and 84 BPM.

Now on bar 28 there's a 4 chord riff within 2 beats. A/G#m/F#min/E on the first 8 counts (2 beats in BIAB speak), and then E over the next 2 beats.

Any hat tricks from a pro BIAB user?

Here in the video at 1.20:

-F
I think the only way to do in BIAB that would be to double the length of the song and adjust style and tempo. Or buy Norton extended styles.
Thanks, all tracks generated at half time, and it works, but only the bass follows OK, but the guitar RT's won't play the programmed chords on the 2nd and 4th beat .. F

ADDED: set the chord riff to four 1 beat bars; still the 2nd and 4th bar won't play, also not with an active part marker, see pic

Attached picture BIAB tricks 01.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Now here's a thing for BIAB nerds ..... - 06/22/18 10:04 AM
Other than what Matt said, since the melody goes (as 8th notes) E-Eb-C#-B on the lyrics "makes me feel good", then I would just enter the A chord in the first slot (beat one), forget the Ab chord and let the Eb in the melody on the word "you" carry it as a passing tone to where you put the F#m on beat 2, and then enter the E chord as a push on beat 3 so it plays on the "and" of beat 2.

|A,F# ^E |

Hope that made sense.

Otherwise, I would wrangle this in a DAW and probably do some slicing and dicing if using RealTracks (but much easier in MIDI).

I bet less than one percent of your listening audience would say, "did he just miss that 8th note Ab chord on the offbeat of that 8th note run?"
Originally Posted By: jford
... Hope that made sense.
Ain't got no sense for this one here: want to get it right; i found a cocktail of a BIAB style mixed/messed up some other RT's which sounds maybe even better than Janis' band at the above recording session LoL.
© PG Music Forums