PG Music Home
Posted By: steve200 Audio: problem with WAS Exclusive Mode - 06/23/18 01:33 PM
Hi!

I have biab 2018, build 519.

I have a 6 month old high-end lenovo laptop.

I am using Pianoteq VST within biab.

If I use my AudioBox 96 interface and ASIO driver, everything sounds great, and the latency is low.

But, if I don't want to bring the AudioBox along, and want to use WAS, I am having troubles. (MME simply doesn't work. No sound comes out)

1) if I use non-exclusive mode, it sounds not-good-enough-to-use, and the latency is poor (it reports 30 ms)

2) if i use exclusive mode, it sounds dreadful, completely unusable.

On the other hand, if I use Pianoteq stand-alone, not in baib, i can use WAS in exclusive mode, and it sounds great, with low latency.

How can i fix this? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
steve200
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Audio: problem with WAS Exclusive Mode - 06/23/18 03:04 PM
Hi steve200,

When you don't take the AudioBox 96 with you, what are you using for an audio interface?

I'll assume you're using the laptop hardware (built-in microphone, microphone jack, headphone jack and so on). If so the laptop may be using Realtek chips. If your laptop is running Windows 10, Realtek has released new Windows 10 drivers. Have you checked with Lenovo or Realtek to make sure you've applied the most current audio codecs? If not they are available +++ HERE +++ .
© PG Music Forums