PG Music Home
Posted By: steve200 Audio Driver and MIDI inconvenience - 06/23/18 01:44 PM
Hi,

I have BIAB 2018, build 519

At home I typically use my AudioBox 96 interface, and my Roland FP-7f MIDI controller.

If i put my laptop to sleep, when i come back, every time, i have to do this ritual:

1) go to the Audio Drivers/Settings screen, select WAS, click cancel, click OK. Now my ASIO driver will work again.

2) to to the Options->MIDI window, reselect the Roland, hit OK.

This represents 10 clicks I have to do every time i wake my laptop up, in order to resume playing, and it is kind of a pain.

Is there a way to avoid all this? Am i doing something wrong?

thanks,
steve200b
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Audio Driver and MIDI inconvenience - 06/23/18 02:50 PM
steve200,

Many articles relating to optimizing a computer for audio use caution against letting the computer use hibernate or sleep modes. I suspect that may be because motherboards handle the two modes inconsistently.

+++ HERE +++ and +++ HERE +++ are two articles (one from a DAW developer and the second from a computer manufacturer) that illustrate the point.

Do you use any other audio programs beside Band-in-a-Box? If so have you tried using another audio program to see if sleep mode affects your midi controller and audio driver in the same manner?
Hi Steve,

Are you putting the laptop to sleep with Band-in-a-Box still running? If so, closing the program first will likely solve the problem.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums