PG Music Home
In PT and RB you just select from a drop down menu. In BIAB I have to click on the box with the currently selected soft synth (usually Edirol HyperCanvas) then change the synth to Forte Dxi, click the default synth button for slot 1 then return to the midi driver selection box.

But I have to do it twice for the displayed synth to change to the one I've just selected.

All I want to do is change all midi instruments to one of the the soft synths - either edirol or forte. I don't want different synths for different parts - I find one or other of the synths is the best sounding for a particular song.

And yes I have tried reading the manuals............

any advice please?
Bob:

My first thought is to add your concern to the BIAB Wish List.
Perhaps the developers can take a look at simplifying this.

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Hi Bob,

After reading your post, I found myself wondering if you have you tried using the 'Plugins' tab in the mixer to get access to the VSTi/DXi settings.

Click on the tab (#1 on the image) and then click on one of the '[none]' (#2) (these are actually the four slots for each track.

This will take you quickly in to the dialogue window that you mention. It might help.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture plugins tab in mixer.JPG
I have been asking them many times to put a master FX button on the mixer that turns blue with an effect loaded, they could also add a default synth button under it.

Attached picture BB_MasterFX.gif
Its clunky but in a different way to my original post. If I go to options 'midi/audio driver set up' it shows me the default synth. clicking on it takes me to the plugins where i can change the synth. but when i return to the midi/audio drivers dialogue the default synth hasn't changed which is why I said I had to do it twice.

however, close the dialogue panel and reopen and the changed synth is shown.

its the dialogue that's not refreshing. but i'd still like to choose the default synth from the midi/audio drivers panel without going to plugins.

will post in wish list
© PG Music Forums