PG Music Home
Posted By: tcamuso Adding an intro - 07/31/18 10:11 PM
I wanted to add an intro to my song.

I tried using the intro generator first. What happened is that it seemed to mess up the whole song, as though it were playing over itself out of sync.

I then tried inserting a few bars at the beginning of the song to create an intro by hand. The same thing happened!

It's as if by doing so, I offest the start of the song and the intro plays over it throughout the song. It sounds awful!

What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Adding an intro - 07/31/18 11:33 PM
Hi,

Did the song have an audio track, or were some tracks frozen?

Also, which version of BIAB are you using, and is it for Windows or Mac?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: tcamuso Re: Adding an intro - 08/01/18 07:37 AM
Thank you, Kent, for the reply.

Yes, the song has an audio track. I don't really know what that does, since it does not seem to contribute anything at all to the song.

What is a "frozen" track?

I don't have access to my home system at the moment, but I bought BIAB in April of this year from the BIAB website.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Adding an intro - 08/01/18 09:37 PM
You probably have a WAV file of the song saved in the same folder as the original song file (MGU or SGU file) with the same name, so when you open the song file, Band-in-a-Box thinks the WAV file is an audio track you've recorded, and plays them together.

I'd recommend looking in the folder where you have the song file saved, and check for WAV files with the same name. If there are any, renaming them or moving them to a different folder before opening the song again should solve your problem.

It's possible to freeze tracks to stop them from regenerating, by right-clicking on the track name at the top of the Band-in-a-Box window, going to Track Settings, then Freeze Track. The track name will then have an asterisk beside it to indicate that it's frozen.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: tcamuso Re: Adding an intro - 08/02/18 08:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
You probably have a WAV file of the song saved in the same folder as the original song file (MGU or SGU file) with the same name, so when you open the song file, Band-in-a-Box thinks the WAV file is an audio track you've recorded, and plays them together.

I'd recommend looking in the folder where you have the song file saved, and check for WAV files with the same name. If there are any, renaming them or moving them to a different folder before opening the song again should solve your problem.

This was EXACTLY the problem! MANY thanks!

Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music

It's possible to freeze tracks to stop them from regenerating, by right-clicking on the track name at the top of the Band-in-a-Box window, going to Track Settings, then Freeze Track. The track name will then have an asterisk beside it to indicate that it's frozen.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Thanks for thei info! Now I know a little bit more of what I'm doing.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/images/icons/default/cool.gif
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Adding an intro - 08/02/18 05:19 PM
Great, glad I could help!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums