PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Triplets - 08/07/18 02:00 PM
I wanted to put a quarter note triplet in a song. Each part of the triplet had a different bass note.

I couldn't find a way to do it with chords. I worked around with piano roll. But Real Tracks can't follow that. So now my RT piano doesn't work for that measure.

Any ideas on this?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Triplets - 08/07/18 03:55 PM
True, I don't think you're going to be able to do that with a RealTrack piano. In situations like this, I use a MIDI piano and/or bass to write exactly the pattern I want. Mixed in with other instruments with a good MIDI synth, you can sometimes get away with it.

RealTracks are recorded audio performances of at least a measure in length. You are not going to be able to control it more than the quarter note level (and not the quarter note triplet), using slash bass as needed, as BIAB allows four chords per measure. Using pushes can get you closer, but that's on the eighth or sixteenth note level, again not a triplet feel.

The best we can hope for at the moment is to add a post in the Wishlist to allow BIAB more than four chords per bar, and add the ability to make pushes using triplet feel.
Posted By: tonnie Re: Triplets - 08/08/18 05:43 AM
Quite a while ago I posted a solution on how to enter quarter note triplets in chords (and the bass and drums).

It is by dividing a 4-beat bar into;
one 2-beat bar
and a waltz (3/4) bar.

The waltz bar has to be speed adjusted in order for it to sound like the same tempo as the rest of the song.

Please try to find my posting, as also the calculation for the tempo adjustment was there.

Brgds,
Tonnie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Triplets - 08/08/18 06:18 AM
Originally Posted By: tonnie
Quite a while ago I posted a solution on how to enter quarter note triplets in chords (and the bass and drums).

It is by dividing a 4-beat bar into;
one 2-beat bar
and a waltz (3/4) bar.

The waltz bar has to be speed adjusted in order for it to sound like the same tempo as the rest of the song.

Please try to find my posting, as also the calculation for the tempo adjustment was there.

Brgds,
Tonnie

I Think this is the post...
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Triplets - 08/08/18 01:12 PM
Thanks, guys. If this works on RT, what a great thing.
© PG Music Forums