PG Music Home
This issue crops up at least every other time I boot up BiaB. I'll be browsing through the Stylepicker, and minimize it for a moment to answer an email or whatnot, and the main window gets totally frozen out.

When I hover my cursor over the BiaB icon in my task-bar, I see the stylepicker window, but absolutely nothing I try in Windows (minimizing, cascading, accessing via task-manager, etc) does a whit of good. Eventually I am forced to terminate the application via the task-manager thereby erasing everything I've worked on, and no doubt causing all sorts of other mischief that will come back to bite me in the a$$ at a later point.

Please help me, O BiaB community!!

Thanks in advance!
It used to be possible to access the Window by using ALT+TAB. (When I tried it again just now, it seems that ALT+TAB still works -- BIAB 2018 (520).)
Do you Run BBW.EXE As Administrator?
Style picker may also get minimized to a small icon ath the bottom left of the page, and the BIAB window will say 'not responding'.

You can get to the window as Noel96 says, or just click on the minimized icon.

PGMusic could do a better implementation of this - it's not obvious
There have definitely been changes in the way Windows 10 operates in this way. I have problems with bringing other forms into focus. This is now on several computer systems, and not related specifically to BiaB.
I think your experience is outside of BiaB.

There is a lot of comment on the web on such matters
Thanks Dave, but I don't get a minimized icon for the stylepicker-rather, it's like the SP icon is merged/superimposed on to a single BiaB icon that cannot be bifurcated.
Yep. (Always do)
Thanks Noel,

Unfortunately, this does not work. While the Stylepicker window does display as its own tile, it does not "snap to it" when I try to select it. Instead it just displays the BiaB home-screen which is, of course, frozen out pending some sort of further action in the evanescent style-picker screen.

(Also note that I have the latest build with all the updates installed).

Thanks anyway, Noel!
I discovered not so long ago that the 'icon in the lower right corner' didn't appear with all screen resolutions. I can get it to appear if I set my monitor to the highest resolution. I tend to keep my resolutions low to medium because I find it easier to work with BIAB.

Also, I didn't explain myself fully before. Apologies. In Win 7 what I do is...

1) hold ALT+TAB to display the open/hidden windows

2) release the TAB key but keep the ALT key depressed (this keeps all hidden windows visible)

3) right-click on the Stylepicker window with the mouse

See if this helps.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks Noel!

I will try this next time the issue crops up, and update the post accordingly.
You could try this as I found audio related stutters, and hanging even of audio playback hanging, with an USB RME breakout box, due the graphics drivers, in my case Radeon-AMD. It was not always, but once started, getting worse and worse. The only solution was and still is using the basic Microsoft driver from Win 10. Probably these gamer's stuff accelerations and hyperthreading settings (turn it off in your BIOS) conflict with audio real time. Not only AMD drivers suck, but also those from NVDIA according to a lot of forum reads about this. Behaves like some buffering is overloading. There's more tunings to do depending on your mainboard's capabilities. They say BIAB has nothing to do with VSbasics and DotNet, but a lot of plugins and audio & graphics drivers/software does, especially with GUIs. I always check them with problems like this, even if related to one program only. And always switch off Windows update in services, Microsoft used us poor paying Home and Pro users as beta testers. Necessary especially with desktops and additional inserted PCI(e) cards and USB ports. -F
© PG Music Forums