PG Music Home
Posted By: Gardemark Realtrack strings act wierd - 09/01/18 01:10 PM
I have been using BIAB for many years, but mainly as a sketchbook for musical ideas. But now, with version 2018 (520), I try now for the first time to use BIAB in order to get stage-ready background comp for an oncoming Christmas gig in December.

Sorry to say, but I'm not that impressed of my efforts, must have made a mistake somewhere.

I work on a slow ballad (74 bpm) using a style (_CSTRBAL) with Real strings (2334:StringQuartet).
The string quartet play nice sustained chords, but if I have a chord change in the last ¼ of a beat the strings are muted ¼ beat before the chord change. It sounds wierd. If the chord change is in the middle of the beat the strings plays on with a correct chord change.

Is this a known issue with this RT 2334?

Best regards from Sweden
Aulis Gardemark
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Realtrack strings act wierd - 09/01/18 03:28 PM
A lot of realtracks, especially the 'soloist' type, can't cope very well with chord changes within a measure (bar). You could try loading midi steered sampled strings in a plugin instead. Sforzando, Halion Sonic SE, Sampletank etc ... F
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Realtrack strings act wierd - 09/04/18 09:07 PM
Hi Gardemark,

If you freeze the tracks in the song file and email it to support@pgmusic.com, I'll be happy to give it a look.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Realtrack strings act wierd - 10/02/18 03:07 PM
Hi Kent ... what did you find? Just curious, sorry ... F
© PG Music Forums