PG Music Home
Posted By: steve200 Can I record more than two tracks? - 09/03/18 03:59 PM
My possibly underinformed sense is that i can record only two tracks in a song, the Melody track and the Solo track.

Is there a way for me to record more tracks than that?

thanks,
steve200
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Can I record more than two tracks? - 09/03/18 04:18 PM
True,2 tracks when you are in MIDI mode.

You can also record one audio track.

Using RealBand allows you to record many tracks (MIDI and Audio). RealBand is very powerful for that.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Can I record more than two tracks? - 09/03/18 05:41 PM
You can move a track to another track after it's recorded Edit > Copy Special > Copy/Move Tracks, same with audio, Audio > Move to Performance track.
If you save the song first to wav, Import the audio back into BB, move it from audio to a performance track this will free up the other tracks to move the recordings to.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Can I record more than two tracks? - 09/03/18 09:09 PM
"You can also record one audio track."

To make a small correction to John-Luke's post, by using the method outlined by Pipeline, yes, you can record one audio track and BIAB has only one track but you can 'bounce' tracks and record to that one audio track multiple times. Because these bounces are done digitally, you can have dozens of bounces without degrading the signal.

Band in a Box works quite nice as a basic 8 Track recorder.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention another method that you can record more than a single audio track in BIAB.

Once you've made your initial audio recording, open the Record Audio menu and select the Overdub the underlying audio button. When you hit record, the new audio track will be merged with the first audio track. Again, the merge is done digitally so you can do this multiple times. Another method from that same menu is to select punch in. The difference here is rather than the two recording being merged, the first recorded track is replaced by the second recording for the selected bars.

Third, from the Tracks Menu, open Harmonist and add audio TC Helicon backing vocals to your recorded audio.

© PG Music Forums