PG Music Home
Posted By: RodM 2009 BIAB users - 10/02/09 06:45 PM
I own 2009 BIAB Ultrapack. I understand that the summer pack promotion time is over. Why is there no upgrade options for 2009 BIAB users except a audiophile edition? I wanted the additional real tracks that have been released. Did I just miss out because I didn't order the summer pack upgrade? I guess if you snooze, you lose.
Posted By: Jazzman Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/02/09 07:04 PM
Hi Rod

If you go to the update patches you can update BB2009 to 2009.5 to 287 - for free -
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#287 - which includes some new add-ons
You then have to buy the RealTracks etc you may require

jazzman
Posted By: RodM Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/02/09 07:22 PM
Thanks Jazzman. I seen that was a great deal on the Real Paks but I waited too long. It looks like I can by an real tracks volume 2(sets 40-66) for country, jazz, or rock separately for $79 a piece. Boy, I wish I would have just went out and got the summer pack for $99. I was an idiot.
Posted By: LynB Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/03/09 09:09 AM
Contact PGM by telephone or Email and explain your problem - they may be able to do something.

Lyn
Posted By: John Conley Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/03/09 01:05 PM
That's what I'd do, contact them. The email and facebook posting about the end of the sale was just days ago.a

Maybe they have a procrastinator's price..LOL
Posted By: RodM Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/03/09 02:15 PM
Actually a "procrastinator's sale" may be a great marketing idea. Don't offer the same great introductory price of $99 for the the summer pack because that would not be fair to the early adopters. But it may be good to offer a nice package deal off volume 2 real tracks for Rock, Country and Jazz in a bundle, say buy all 3 and get it at a reduced price. How does that sound PG music?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/03/09 05:05 PM
Quote:

How does that sound PG music?

RodM, I see you are new to the Forum. Welcome.

PG Music employees will sometimes post here, but you should not count on them seeing or commenting on this thread. So, I also recommend you follow the advice given above and call them. They are great to deal with and always fair.
Posted By: RodM Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/04/09 02:28 PM
Thanks, I've been monitoring this forum for quite some time and have benefited from all the great tips from everyone. I'll try contacting PG music on Monday. I had checked the PG website on Oct. 1st and didn't see the sale. I research it further and seen that the sale was only to September 30th. I submitted a generic email to sales and they told me also the sale had ended on Wednesday. It was my screw-up. I was waiting until payday. I guess I should have realized that "summerpak" means it is only available in the summer. If I miss this promotion, I'm sure they'll be other promotions when BIAB 2010 comes out.
Rod
Posted By: TallPaul Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/04/09 06:08 PM
You might consider the audiophile edition? All WAV files instead of compressed files, and all the Real Drum and Real Tracks. If you bought something recently, they may apply your purchase price and discount the upgrade? All it would take is 5 or 6 sets of Real Tracks at $79 to cost more than the audiophile with a significant $ taken off for any recent purchase.
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/04/09 09:23 PM
BB 2010 will probably be released in Nov /Dezember 2009. So you will not have to wait that long and the price will be great if you buy in that time.

Sandra
Posted By: RodM Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/05/09 04:56 PM
Thanks both Sandra and Paul. Both are great options I will look into. I did contact PG music and they stated:

"Hello Rod,

Unfortunately, we cannot extend the Summer special for anyone regardless of the circumstances.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,
PG Music Inc."

I can't blame them. I had plenty of notice before the sale ended. The audiophile version would be great. Also, there is only 2 months until 2010. I still have to explore all that I have in BIAB 2009 so I'm OK.

Thanks,
Rod
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/05/09 05:26 PM
If past timetables hold (and there is never a guarantee of that), you are actually less than two months from version 2010.
Posted By: RodM Re: 2009 BIAB users - 10/05/09 07:53 PM
2 months until 2010 (if past timetables hold) Woo-hoo! It will be interesting what additional features and realtracks come out then!
Rod
© PG Music Forums