PG Music Home
Sometimes I need to transpose a tune and put it in the bass clef for our 'bone player. I Edit Melody (-12) and change the Clef Split in the Print Settings.

This is done in the Lead Sheet Window dialogues.

It all works but when I save the file, some or all of the settings changes are retained by BIAB. Like, the next time I call up another song, the print settings are now using the change I made in the Clef Split option for the bass clef. My problem with this is that most of the time I want to look at my tunes in the treble clef with a different Clef Split setting. I think I have to set the Clef Split at "C 6" to see the melody notes in the bass clef. This setting stays in the Print options and I'd rather this not be the default setting after saving a song.

Admittedly I'm using an old version of BIAB, from 2008. I wonder if there is some option to change how BIAB remembers theses changes in settings?

Or do newer versions of BIAB NOT remember such changes?

any help greatly appreciated,

pete
Hi Pete,

That Clefs Split At setting in Print Options mirrors the setting with the same name in Notation Options (change one and they both change), and is a global setting that's supposed to be remembered.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
In the 2018 version, this is a bit easier, by the way. You'd click on the Chord Display button on the main toolbar and choose "Trombone", which transposes all notation and changes the Clefs Split At point for you, and when you want it to switch back, you'd click Chord Display again and select "Concert Key (no transpose)".

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums