PG Music Home
Posted By: Royarn what no real traks - 09/17/18 02:46 PM
Hi
Just bought Xtra styles Pak 5. and 49-Pak. some of the styles were what I needed, but many of them use mostly realtraks which apparently I dont have, my version of BB is the new 2018 Pro which I understand to mean basic. so what do you people do to find or replace those realtraks and make the style work. Can we tell what realtrak paks are required for the style or find something suitable amongs what we have somehow.
Thanks Roy
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: what no real traks - 09/17/18 03:20 PM
Roy,

First, welcome aboard!

In the program, click HELP, Then "What Add-ons do I have?" It will report any missing features.

It's very rare but you may need to reinstall.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: what no real traks - 09/17/18 03:41 PM
The Xtra Styles PAK 5 uses RealTracks found within the 2018 UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition. Without either of those Band-in-a-Box packages installed, the purchase will not work.

If you're not interested in upgrading to an UltraPAK (or Audiophile Edition) to use your purchase, simply contact us for a refund: http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Thanks,
Callie
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: what no real traks - 09/17/18 03:57 PM
Roy, that's a generous offer from the company (above).

I might point out that the Xtra Styles 5 Pak is the newest such offering and makes use of some of the newer RealTracks. The 49 Pak is new as well. Any user of an older Pro version would encounter the same problem. The basic BIAB 2018 program engine is the same in any of the versions; the only difference is how many RealTracks, RealDrums and styles you decide to buy (and, for the audiophile version, the quality).
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: what no real traks - 09/17/18 04:07 PM
Roy,

Where else can we hope to find such great Customer Service?
Posted By: jford Re: what no real traks - 09/17/18 04:13 PM
Last I checked, the web site stated that you need to have either the UltraPak or the Audiophile Pak to use the XTRA styles. BIAB Pro or BIAB Mega just won't have the needed RealStyles and ReslDrums to use those style files.

Styles and RealTracks are two different things (although on the forum, quite a number of people refer to the RealTracks as "styles", which can lead to confusion). The XTRA Styles are just a style file that references existing RealTracks, but do not include the requisite RealTracks themselves. You have to already have them. Heck, you could even recreate them yourself, but that would take a very long time and require a lot of auditioning, which could be better spent creating music with existing styles.

I would do one of two things: take PGMusic up on their offer of a refund now, or wait until the Christmas sale when you can upgrade your BIAB Pro to the BIAB UltrPak, at which point those XTRA styles will work (Christmas is just around the corner).
Posted By: Royarn Re: what no real traks - 09/18/18 03:28 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone much appreciated, the way forward is clear, accept the offer and wait till I can afford to upgrade.
Thanks Roy.
Great customer service, can't deny that,
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: what no real traks - 09/18/18 04:26 AM
For the upgrade the Xmas period sale is financially the best; about 50% off Xtrastyles, and you'll get a lot for free too as extra bonusses. -F
Posted By: Royarn Re: what no real traks - 09/18/18 04:35 AM
I'll keep my eyes out for the Christmas deals thanks.
Roy
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: what no real traks - 09/18/18 07:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Royarn
I'll keep my eyes out for the Christmas deals thanks.
Roy

Yes, some very generous offers appear at this time. Well worth the actually 'short' wait.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: what no real traks - 09/18/18 09:17 AM
I'm waiting for Christmas and upgrading.

...Deb
Posted By: Royarn Re: what no real traks - 09/21/18 08:44 AM
Now Received refund on my purchase thank you PGMUSIC for your prompt service much appreciated.
Roy
© PG Music Forums