PG Music Home
Hello,
I play in realtime a sound of COYOTE DXi while BIAB makes the drum&bass . VIBES in this case
Why the THRU slot in the MIXER do not display the sound name correctly? It show a wrong sound name ( 25 nylon guitar)

Please, have look to the atteched image.

Any help is appreciatted.
Thanks

[img]https://drive.google.com/open?id=11m0KW9xRinbP983t1_3nUGk5dMXhSAXR[/img]
Does it stay showing "Nylon guitar" even after generating and playing the song?
Hi Noel,
yes. the name remains the same all the time. It´´is supposed that it must display the correct name of the selected instruments.

Any idea?
Thanks

MOntxo
Did you change the instrument name in the mixer window or did you change it in Coyote Forte. It looks like the instrument is locked in Coyote (the red dot) and that your default synth is set to a forced MIDI channel. I'm not at my music machine right now to take a look at what I would see on my PC. However, have you tried "unforcing" the channel and unlocking the instrument? Normally, you would set the thru instrument from the mixer window and any changes would then be reflected on the Coyote WT screen. Have you tried that?

If you don't get it resolved before I get home from work today, I'll try to take a look and see what happens on my computer.
Hi Jfor,
I have try ti unforce the midi channel but no effect.
The name showed in the mixer is very confuded to me.

Thanks.
Montxo
Montxo -

Would you be willing to share a copy of your file (perhaps post on DropBox or Google Drive and share it - you can PM me if you don't want it public).

I can take a look this evening and see what I find out.
Try this.

Go to your Default Synth screen and change the forced MIDI channel to "none" (unless there is some other reason you need it set). Then click on the little red dot next to channel 5. From the menu that pops up, select "<specified by host>". Then go to the mixer screen and select the vibes as your instrument. You should then see vibes on both the mixer and the Coyote screen (after generating your song by pressing play).

Attached picture Coyote1.png
Attached picture Coyote2.png
Attached picture Coyote3.png
Attached picture Coyote4.png
Montxo -

Did you ever try what I showed in the above graphic images?
© PG Music Forums