PG Music Home
Posted By: mpmcgeehan Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/21/09 06:49 PM
I finally created a song using BIAB's Real Tracks. I was surprised how nice it came out. Of course, I'm partial. Check it out on my website and let me know what you think. It's called "Take A Look Around (And You'll See)" - it should be the first song that plays on the website.

Gosh, BIAB makes things too easy sometimes.

http://www.michaelmcgeehanmusic.com
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/21/09 06:55 PM
Good singing! 45 seconds is an eternity for an intro. Good tune.

Kevin
Posted By: mpmcgeehan Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/21/09 08:27 PM
Hey Kevin!

You know, I thought the same thing. I just like what BIAB did with adding the 2nd strings in after the first 4 measures, so I decided to let the program show off a bit before coming in with the vocals! But point taken! Thanks!
Posted By: Mac Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/21/09 11:07 PM
Sounds great, Michael.

Good looking webpage also.

--Mac
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 01:51 AM
Hola Michael. Nice vocals there! music engaged great to your expression and feel. Good work, crystal clear sound and bonito web site!

Saludos

Carlos
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 03:32 AM
Hi, Michael, I wish I lived closer to enjoy your music live. Great vocals man. That's one of the many things I cannot do, sing! But I know a good tune when I hear one. Also thanks for your comments on my music.
Mike B.
Posted By: gmanbat Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 04:08 AM
Can I borrow your voice for a decade or 2?

Awesome, man!

I'll look for you on the
TV.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 04:47 AM
Super singing Michael. Only a couple of minor nit piks. One - intro +1 with Kevin. Two - imo when you bring in the full drums at 3:18 if you added bass of some kind it would add more impact. Then lose the bass when you change the drums back for your ending. Well done. Nice song.

Josie
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 05:52 AM
Very nice!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 04:30 PM
Great tune, i liked the mix alot. The RTs are very cool and I am sure we all really appreciate the possibilities they create. Michael, dude you got some pipes! You have that Irish tenor thing really going on.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 04:33 PM
Great job Michael! Mix is good, of course you have something that BIAB can't give you (YET!) .....a great voice. As Mac said, your website is very nice also, easy to read and well designed.

Best of luck to you,
Ed
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/22/09 06:18 PM
It's all been said but I will still add the word excellent.

And if I could sing like you . . . well, well . . . I'd charge more money!

Later,
Posted By: mpmcgeehan Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/28/09 02:43 PM
Wow, thanks for all the compliments and suggestions. I love this site because of all the great people here.

And just so you understand, I may have a decent voice but I totally am in awe of all of you and your talents as musicians! If I could only play an instrument, then I could charge a LOT more. hehe.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/28/09 04:26 PM
A big +1 on what everybody has said Michael. With a voice like that who listens to the background but it was very smooth behind you, leaving your voice and lyrics the center attraction as it should. So I was sitting here sipping my coffee and enjoying the experience and then the drums arrived right on cue where you want them to give a dramatic boost but I think a few dbs too loud - may be it's nit-picking but there was this big gap between your background and the drums - I think they need to be lower in the mix - they will still have their same impact but will sound a part of the band. Sundance makes a good point about the bass as well. It will give a better overall balance and keep the focus on your powerful voice during this section.
Very enjoyable experience - hope the audition went well.
Ian
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Real Tracks Song - Check it out - 10/28/09 05:58 PM
I think you do this because you love what you are doing. The $ is secondary

You have an awesome set of pipes and write very well. You and Biab are a match made in heaven.

This is excellent !!!

TRax
© PG Music Forums