PG Music Home
Posted By: ve2cjw Where is my solo? - 10/30/09 02:01 AM
I have a small problem. I am playing with audio harmonies using the demo "listen" in the audio harmonies folder. First, I changed the style to one that uses Realtracks. After that , I generated a solo using a tenor sax for the second chorus and it was quite nice so I wanted to keep it. I then saved the whole file using "save as". When I reloaded the same file, I had no solo and had to regenerate one but of course it wasn't the same as the first one. When I am satisfied with the work done on a file, how can I keep a copy of it so I don't have to redo everything again? I would like to be able to work on the same file for a few days until I'm satisfied with the result. Sorry to bother people with that kind of problem but I am a real newbie with BIAB. Thanks for any help.
Mike.
Posted By: Mac Re: Where is my solo? - 10/30/09 02:05 AM
With RealTracks, it will regenerate every time the file is reloaded.

The Freeze function can avoid that by recording the audio tracks to the one Audio track in BIAB. See the .pdf manual and search for "Freeze" for more info.

Problem would be that you would have then tied up the one audio track and thus don't have one for the Harmonizer to use. RealBand can solve that problem, export the song to RealBand if you have it.

--Mac
Posted By: ve2cjw Re: Where is my solo? - 10/30/09 02:08 AM
Thanks Mac for your input. As to Realband, it doesn't harmonize by itself so I don't know why I should export there. Please help me if you can.
Posted By: Mac Re: Where is my solo? - 10/30/09 02:33 AM
With the latest release of RealBand, and if you also have PowerTracks 11, the TC Harmonizer can be used inside RealBand.
Posted By: ve2cjw Re: Where is my solo? - 10/30/09 02:36 AM
OK, thanks again. I don't have Power Tracks. The last version I had was around 10 years ago and I never used it.
Posted By: WienSam Re: Where is my solo? - 10/31/09 09:31 PM
Quote:

With the latest release of RealBand, and if you also have PowerTracks 11, the TC Harmonizer can be used inside RealBand.

I think you meant to write 12 not 11, Mac.
© PG Music Forums