PG Music Home
Posted By: tony77 BiaB playback stuttering - 04/15/19 05:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a 32 bar 3/4 meter song repeating 3x, pop 3_4 Country_Sty, Real Track 975-Guitar Electric Country Swing, running on the latest BB upgrade.

Usually in the second chorus of playback, the stuttering starts and becomes useless, until I restart from fresh.UC browser SHAREit Appvn

BB Tech support recommended to change sample rate from 480 to 441 and delete couple of files...did not help!

Is there a problem with Real Track 975?
My desktop is Dell Inspiron 660 with 1 tb disk and 8 gb memory and has available 185 gb disk space available.

If you ran into problem like mine, how did you resolve the issue? Thanks.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: BiaB playback stuttering - 04/16/19 05:00 AM
many options:

If it's related to that particular RT only you could try to reinstall it.

But if others also stutter it might be very well related to the USB port, that especially if you use it for audio sound modules, or the Biab drive accessing that same USB controller chip. Too many drivers accessing the (one and only?) one at the same time.

It also could be related to your graphics chip's settings or outdated drivers.

Windows 10 needs quite a lot of tuning.

With a laptop of a 'lower class' than intel-i7, it could be also processor related. i5 f.i. is too slow for complex video software rendering and or playback.

You could also have look at the latency settings in BIAB ...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BiaB playback stuttering - 04/16/19 05:36 AM
Under Audio settings (as seen below), if you are using an ASIO audio driver, then try increasing the buffers available for that driver. The driver should have its own control panel.

Also, try switching to MME or WAS driver to see if that makes any difference.

Attached picture 2019-04-16_18-36-18.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BiaB playback stuttering - 04/16/19 08:05 AM
Hi Tony,

Also, have you installed the latest update of BIAB?

We're currently up to build #625 and it can be found at the link below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

As a starting place to solving your problem, I suggest downloading this and manually installing it. When you run the installation, check that the paths for your BIAB installation are correct.

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums