PG Music Home
I have an arrangement that uses several tracks - guitars and drum/percussion - at double time, the bass is the only one to play 'normal.'. They will play just fine IN the sequence, and if I save as a single WAV it is fine.

When I freeze the tracks, save the song and reopen - the tracks play back 'normal' not double, and NOT what I saved, rather than double, despite their being frozen.

IF I try to save the WAV render individual tracks, I get a DIFFERENT, OLDER ARRANGEMENT - the earlier version with different break points and a line omitted. I have done this four times now - each time the MIXED track is what I just created, but the individual tracks revert to an older arrangement that should have been long deleted. Deleted all the old material and the updated track is finally there - but still wrong, giving me the 'normal' rendings.

Ideas? Help?

The tracks are - 921 Bass, 1103 Guitar in the piano slot double-time but does not ever create sound,RD samba double-time, 1103 guitar dbl-time that DOES make sound, Drums2-percussion samba track (the Craig Scott tracks.)
Check your setup on this, when I loaded the original preset it puts the bass on channel 2 rather than 1.
Would you mind posting a link to your SGU or MGU file for testing purposes? Having a file that exhibits the problem may help us to suggest solutions.

What year and build of Band-in-a-Box are you using? The build is displayed in the Help > About window.

Also, may I suggest contacting PG Music Technical Support. Your description reads as though you may have found a bug. If that is the case their likely will not be an instant resolution to the issue.
This is definitely a bug. There ARE other issues (the cursor displays correctly but when you stop goes to the double-time and location (I think that's what it is doing-it is consistent and repeatable.

I just updated everything - Realtrack wav update2019 WAVs and Build 628. Dell PC, 4G RAM kinda clunky but not THAT bad.
I started with _SAMBAT style, but modified it several iterations:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/td2uw3s1vratn31/Fools%20Rush%20In%20v2.SGU?dl=0
And a demo ruf track in use - ignore the lack of chops, it's tired out and I'm late...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x51cua3faaj9gom/Fools%20Demo.mp3?dl=0
Here is the SGU. Melody at 1/2 speed. rhythm double - the Courtial groove, if you remember that band... (Check my site if you don't,)
I'm not sure if this is related, but if you save as a WAV file with the same name as the song, it will also open and play alongside the BiaB arrangement.

Perhaps check your song folder for a corresponding WAV (audio?) file with the same song name. If there is one, rename it and see if the issue continues.
That could explain the earlier arrangement playing, but not not the other issues. Thanks for the idea.

The main issue is the tracks not staying double and frozen. I plan to use similar grooves for a lot of new material.

Any suggestions?
I've found all kind of problems like this when working with double/half time tracks, specially when exporting / rendering the result.

You will soon learn to just use ONLY the most basic features of BIAB (write chords, select style and that's all) if you want to avoid frustration.

Sorry, but I cannot restrict my writing and arranging based on bugs. If it's broke, fix it. If you can't, rewrite it from scratch. If I want kiddie limits, I'll use iReal Pro. But this is MUSIC, not wallpaper.

If need be, I can generate partial songs and combine outside, but even then, the parts need work. Maybe CREATE a set of tracks at the dou\bled tempos?

As someone who has coded for a living, there are understandable limits - I can't go over 120 bars without the double-time running out of the dataset limits (thanks, Atari...) but having tracks wander in and out like lost children doesn't work either. There are some other leaks. h well, on to tech support.
And to add fuel, I did contact tech support they said two days, it's been a week. They don't know either, apparently...
© PG Music Forums