PG Music Home
Posted By: smallchamber Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/25/20 03:35 AM
Hi experts!
more and more programs are working with chord sheet or chord tracks (e.g. BiaB, Cubase, Toontrack EZKeys and EZBass). I most likely start building a song in BiaB. Is there any chance to "copy" the BiaB chord sheet into Cubase or Toontrack?

Thanks in advance
SC
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/25/20 03:47 AM
You could try File > Save Special.. > Save Song as MusicXML file and just choose to save the Chords.

Then in your DAW, Open the Music XML file.

(Disclaimer: I haven't done this and don't know what the results might be) wink
Thanks Video Track,
importing an XML file into Cubase leads to to several MIDI tracks, not a chord track frown

KR

SC
Posted By: DrDan Re: Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/25/20 10:16 AM
Originally Posted By: smallchamber
Hi experts!
Is there any chance to "copy" the BiaB chord sheet into Toontrack?

Thanks in advance
SC

I can answer this with confidence. The answer is YES. I do it all the time, but it ain't pretty (meaning it ain't drag and drop like it should be and like what has been asked for here in the forum for a long time). You will find lots of old treads discussing this also some videos which show how it is done. If you are really interested in this I can walk you through it. But before I reinvent the wheel please first search the forum (chords, EZkeys) for this info or confirm you really want to go there. Or check out the menu options below. I would be glad to illustrate the process if you need.

Dan

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/25/20 10:29 AM
Wow, who would've though of going there ? crazy

Thanks Dan.
Hi Music Student!
I´ve done some search in the forum and on youtube as well, but did not get a clou...
I would realy appreciate if you could guide me through the process.

BTW: I already said this here and it´s time to say it again:
The way members of this forum help and support each other is outstanding. I often see "seniors" in other forums bashing at "juniors", and the most often used answer is: "RTFM" (read th f#####ng manuel)
This forum and their members seems to be much more mature!

Thanks
SC
Posted By: DrDan Re: Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/25/20 01:28 PM
Let us know if this helps.

Chord Output - BIAB to EZKeys
THANKS A LOT!!
that works like charme

And on top: if you use slash chords and import them into EZBass, it plays the correct bass notes.
Importing into cubase works as well.
Now I only have to figure out, how to get the chords into melodyne5...

KR
SC
Posted By: DrDan Re: Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/27/20 10:24 AM
grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: Exchange Chord Sheets / Chord Tracks - 06/27/20 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: smallchamber
THANKS A LOT!!
that works like charme

And on top: if you use slash chords and import them into EZBass, it plays the correct bass notes.
Importing into cubase works as well.
Now I only have to figure out, how to get the chords into melodyne5...

KR
SC

In Melodyne under edit/chords and keys click on use DAW chords. I know this works with Studio One Pro.
© PG Music Forums